Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Slow Changing Depth and Frontage?

Grim.Reaper

Hello,

Anybody else notice that when trying to change the depth and frontage of an attack while the game is playing tends to be really slow? Sometimes when I click the button to change the option, it minimally takes around 5 seconds and often greater than 10 seconds for the square yellow shape on the map to change per the input I am providing.

If the game is paused, the changes reflect immediately so assuming it is because of the action unfolding, but can be tough to make these changes on the fly as that delay happens and I would prefer not to have to pause the action each time I want to make a change, although I certainly don't do this all the time.

Just making sure it's not just me....

Thanks.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I'm not getting that. Anyone else getting that?

Oh some more questions:
  1. Are you displaying extended unit icons - ie with the additional Unit Info boxes?
  2. What are your display settings. A screen dump showing the display toolbar and another of your Options screen would be good.

Grim.Reaper

I will have to get more exact settings when back in front of PC tomorrow, but yes I have extended info on. My screen display is 1920x1080 and pretty sure most if not all options set at default.

Daz

Its always been slow changing the Depth and Frontage when the game is running.
It takes about 4 seconds for the changes to update.
The solution of course is to pause the game when giving the orders, then they update instantly.
Also the default Line formation footprint wont update unless you click on either the Depth or Frontage when the game is paused.
Just minor things I assumed were part of games character, so never bothered to report them.

Grim.Reaper

Did not get a lot of time to get screens or run the game for a long time, but did attempt turning on and off extended icons and that had no impact. Changing depth and frontage still took a bit to work when the game was in motion. I can try and get screens of my options over the weekend to help but pretty sure they are all on default since I really haven't messed with them so far.

Grim.Reaper

I had more time today, so grabbed a number of screenshots, hopefully this is what you were looking to receive.

Options.jpg

ScreenOptions.jpg

SceenBar.jpg