Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Base Game

jimbolya

Is there a base LnL game that one needs to purchase first? They appear as stand alone with ad-don / expansions. However, I did come across one expansion that said I needed Band of Heroes?

Please advise.

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
Any LnL Series of games with the word "Heroes" in the Title is a stand-alone game and does not need another add-on or expansion to play. The stand-alone games are:

Band of Heroes
Forgotten Heroes
A Day of Heroes
Heroes of the Gap
Heroes of the Blitzkrieg

I think I got them all listed.?.?

The other titles in the LnL Series will require one or more of the above games to play. Although the new ownership is in the process of combining these other titles to try and reduce the number of titles that require another module to play. I.e. swift and Bold will now be included in the next version of Band of Heroes. ANZAC will be included in the next version of Forgotten Heroes, etc.

Hope that helps.

Jeff Lewis

All of the upcoming reprints will incorporate the expansions (save for Dark July, Noville, and The Bear & The Jackal).

Heroes of Normandy (Band of Heroes + Swift & Bold)
Heroes of the Motherland (Not One Step Back + necessary components from Band of Heroes and Swift & Bold)
Heroes of the Nam (Forgotten Heroes + Anzac Attack)
Heroes of the Blitzkrieg (Heroes of the Blitzkrieg + In Defeat, Defiance)
Heroes of the Gap (Heroes of the Gap + Honneur et Patrie + maps and select counters from Heroes of the Blitzkrieg)
Heroes of the Falklands (A Ring of Hills + Admin counters to make it a complete game)

We are working on two core rules sets, one for 1930s - 1959, the other for 1960 - the Present. Each of the above will have the appropriate core set + module-specific rules.

Didn't realize this restructuring of the titles was in the offing -- I like this idea.

I get the attraction of un-bundling, but this makes more sense to me as a game purchaser.

Doug Alber

All of the upcoming reprints will incorporate the expansions (save for Dark July, Noville, and The Bear & The Jackal).

Heroes of Normandy (Band of Heroes + Swift & Bold)
Heroes of the Motherland (Not One Step Back + necessary components from Band of Heroes and Swift & Bold)
Heroes of the Nam (Forgotten Heroes + Anzac Attack)
Heroes of the Blitzkrieg (Heroes of the Blitzkrieg + In Defeat, Defiance)
Heroes of the Gap (Heroes of the Gap + Honneur et Patrie + maps and select counters from Heroes of the Blitzkrieg)
Heroes of the Falklands (A Ring of Hills + Admin counters to make it a complete game)

We are working on two core rules sets, one for 1930s - 1959, the other for 1960 - the Present. Each of the above will have the appropriate core set + module-specific rules.

Great news, I'm excited and encouraged, lots of OOP titles I might have to pick up.

Now, the important question, at least for me and those with partial sets of the above series (i.e., I have Forgotten Heroes, but not ANZAC Attack). Will the game units and components be interchangeable? For me, I wouldn't mind having to get Heroes of Nam for ANZAC Attack IF I can still use the original units with the new game set; to me that just makes it easier to develop my own scenarios and tactical problems. I would be a bit distressed if I had to get Nam and had to retire Forgotten Heroes because of compatibility issues.

Thanks!

Doug

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Doug

Heroes of the Nam will be both Forgotten Heroes and ANZAC Attack in one box. It will be fully updated as far as rules, maps and counters. Now let me be clear if you have both games you do NOT need to get this edition unless you want the latest version of it. We will NOT be selling any of the older editions once supplies are gone. We really want to make it easy for gamers to find the base games and not be required to have different expansions to play another game. For example you will not be requiring to purchase Heroes of the Blitzkreig a World War II themed game to play Honnor et Patrie which is a modern themed game. We are also trying to do away with overlays when it makes sense and just provide modified maps. An example of this is going to be in Heroes of the Blitzkrieg. You will get more maps and no overlays.

Jeff Lewis has taking over the design and development for the Lock 'n Load game series. He has started with re-writing and updating the Lock 'n Load series manuals. There are now two base sets of Lock 'n Load core rule books.

Lock 'n Load 1930 - 1959 Core Rule Edition v4.0
and
Lock 'n Load 1960 - Present Core Rule Edition v4.0.

These rule books will be available from us for free as PDF and E-Books and be treated as living rules. You can get a good idea where we are going by our recent release of Days of Villainy and the updated editions of Battle Pack: Alpha, Bravo and Dark July. We also want to get a lot more community stuff included in what we do.

I guess I went a little wild here but I hope I answered your question.

David

Doug Alber

Hi Doug

Heroes of the Nam will be both Forgotten Heroes and ANZAC Attack in one box. It will be fully updated as far as rules, maps and counters. Now let me be clear if you have both games you do NOT need to get this edition unless you want the latest version of it. We will NOT be selling any of the older editions once supplies are gone. We really want to make it easy for gamers to find the base games and not be required to have different expansions to play another game. For example you will not be requiring to purchase Heroes of the Blitzkreig a World War II themed game to play Honnor et Patrie which is a modern themed game. We are also trying to do away with overlays when it makes sense and just provide modified maps. An example of this is going to be in Heroes of the Blitzkrieg. You will get more maps and no overlays.

Jeff Lewis has taking over the design and development for the Lock 'n Load game series. He has started with re-writing and updating the Lock 'n Load series manuals. There are now two base sets of Lock 'n Load core rule books.

and

These rule books will be available from us for free as PDF and E-Books and be treated as living rules. You can get a good idea where we are going by our recent release of Days of Villainy and the updated editions of Battle Pack: Alpha, Bravo and Dark July. We also want to get a lot more community stuff included in what we do.

David

David,

Yep I'm convinced. :)

I like the concept of Modern and a WW II/post WW II rules set and the living rules. It's good to see the series moving forward in a positive direction.

As I mentioned before, I see the see the series as one of the more versatile titles on the market; you're not tied into the scenarios and can easily make up your own tactical situations. i.e. a little bit of tweaking will allow you to take Day of Heroes Rangers/Delta in the jungles of Africa using other boards. Add some of the different counters available and you can have them fight insurgents alongside the French Foreign Legion and/or UK Marines.

Thanks!

Doug

Doug Alber

Hi Doug

and

David

David,

Let me ask the question another way. I think I know the answer and it really doesn't effect me since I'll probably get the new FH/ANZAC to replace and augment my V1 FH since a flooded basement destroyed my box and warped the scenario cards and maps. I'm really asking more for others and to get things said out loud.

If I have FH and only need ANZAC attack, I'll still need to get the new FH, since both are out of stock and there are no plans to reprint?

And FWIW, I think the answer is yes and I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. It's more of a way to move the series forward and actually make each base set more versatile.

Thanks

Doug

HariSeldon

Hi Doug

and

David

David,
I really like the direction LnL (as a compny) is heading. Although I own every edition of every LnL, WaW, NucWinter, and NaW product, I've preordered the new editions. Why .................. all your game series are detailed enough to be thought provoking and easy mechanically to play. I recently sold off my ASL collection (2 copies of each official ASL product) and the Panzer Grenadier series, so I'm all in with LnL products. You better not go out of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian Strait

I am still playing Original Forgotten heroes, Band of heroes, Heroes of the Blitzkrieg, Heroes of the gap. I also have World at war America conquered.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Oh and one last thing all these counters have been printed and are being pressed i
David,

Let me ask the question another way. I think I know the answer and it really doesn't effect me since I'll probably get the new FH/ANZAC to replace and augment my V1 FH since a flooded basement destroyed my box and warped the scenario cards and maps. I'm really asking more for others and to get things said out loud.

If I have FH and only need ANZAC attack, I'll still need to get the new FH, since both are out of stock and there are no plans to reprint?

And FWIW, I think the answer is yes and I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. It's more of a way to move the series forward and actually make each base set more versatile.

Thanks

Doug

Hi Doug

Yes you would need to get a second hand copy of ANZAC or a new copy of Heroes of the Nam that would include both games in the series currently.

David

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
David,
I really like the direction LnL (as a compny) is heading. Although I own every edition of every LnL, WaW, NucWinter, and NaW product, I've preordered the new editions. Why .................. all your game series are detailed enough to be thought provoking and easy mechanically to play. I recently sold off my ASL collection (2 copies of each official ASL product) and the Panzer Grenadier series, so I'm all in with LnL products. You better not go out of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your support and we do our best to stay in business.

David

Chad Oatman

Will the reprints be using the maps with larger hexes that I've been hearing about or the original size hexes, or both?
Thanks
Chad

Jeff Lewis

The reprints will have the standard/original-sized maps/hexes. Though I'm not 100% positive, the X-Maps (the larger ones) will probably be extra.