Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Resource icon

Tunisia Module 2020-07-18

I started this series of scenarios, late oct. 2018 to reconstruct a couple of battles that interested me, but starting the .estab file I realized that it was far from all the others present until now for CO2 and at the end I spent over six months to cover satisfactorily the definition of the forces of the period end '42 beginning '43 on the African front.
After all this time, of course, the interesting battles to be rebuilt had risen in number, and now I hope this is worthy of being called "module", although certainly not at the level of the other officers for this game.
Among the scenarios you find one called Tunisia_modello this is not a playable scenario but it collects the battle order of all the main units deployed in Tunisia in the first months.
The first players who will play these scenarios must, in my opinion, act as a beta tester as I have not tested all the scenarios sufficiently but I have corrected only the most obvious errors by starting the same scenario also three times but without finishing almost anyone.
Feel free to correct the errors that you will find, I know I am especially lacking in the assignment of the victory objectives, and I will accept all the criticisms, I ask you only to send me your corrections in order to keep track of the versions and make available to all players the correct scenarios . To do this, it is also necessary to use version 5.1.28 of CO2, as already mentioned in other discussions.

For the bibliography it is practically impossible to name all the sites I visited to document the various battles (internet is an inexhaustible mine of information).
First of all I want to mention "https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/USA-MTO-NWA/index.html#index" which was the guideline of my module. Of course Wikipedia and all its contributors and finally special thanks dr. Leo Nierhost for his precious site for the organization charts of the various forces "http://niehorster.org/".

Have fun

Bibliografy :

10th Panzer Division OOB
Airfields - Tunisia
Battaglia di Sidi Bou Zid
Campagne de Tunisie 1942-1943 - 1er RTA
Campagne de Tunisie 1942-1943 - Partecipation des regiments de Tirailleurs
Das Afrika Korps Erwin Rommel and the Germans in Afrika 1941-43
Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two
First Blood - U.S. 1st. Arm. Div. in Tunisia
First Blood in North Africa Operation Torch and the U.S. Campaign in Africa
Flames of War - The Complete Intelligence Handbook for Forces in Afrika and the Mediterranean 1942-43
Gazzette des Armes - Les engins blindes francais 1920-45
Historique - 29e RTA
Historique - 2e RTA
Historique - 3e RTA
Historique - 4e RTT
Historique - 6e RTA
Historique - 7e RTM
Historique - 9e RTA
Jane's - World War II Tanks and fighting vehicles - The complete guide
Kampfgruppen in Noth Africa
Kesserine pass battle - Vol-I
Kommando - German special forces of World War Two
Le operazioni in Africa settentrionale vol. IV - Enfidaville
Les batailles de la Dorsale Tunisienne et l’attaque audacieuse et inattendue de l’Axe à FAIDH et à Sidi Bou Zid (18-1 15-2 1943)
Les régiments de Chassseurs d'Afrique
Northwest Africa Seizing the Initiative In the West
Notes Panzer campaign Tunisia '43
Operation Torch - The Allied Gamble to Invade North Africa
Order of battle of Italian Army 1943-07
Order of battle, United States Army, World War II European Theater of Operations, divisions.
Osprey - Battle Orders 020 - Rommel's Afrika Korps - Tobruk To El Alamein
Osprey - Campaign 312 - Operation Torch 1942 - The invasion of french North Africa
Osprey - Combat 038 - US Soldier vs Afrikakorps Soldier - Tunisia 1943
Osprey - DelPrado 038 - French Colonial and African Troops
Osprey - Elite 099 - Italian army elite units & special forces 1940-43
Osprey - Elite 191 - Italian Navy and Air Forces Elite units & Special forces 1940-45
Panzers of Kasserine.The Afrika Korps in Tunisia
Rommel's Afrika Korps - El Agheila to El Alamein
Rommel’s Lost battalions
Strategy & Tactics 097 - Trail of the Fox - The fight for Tunisia
Strategy & Tactics 140 - Objective Tunis
Tanks Illustrated 028 - Panzer Armee Afrika - Tripoli to Tunis
The Tunisian Campaign

------------------------------

Ho iniziato questa serie di scenari per ricostruire un paio di scontri che mi interessavano, ma iniziando il file .estab mi sono reso conto che era lontano da tutti gli altri finora presenti per CO2 e alla fine ho impiegato oltre sei mesi per coprire in maniera soddisfacente la definizione delle forze del periodo fine '42 inizio '43 sul fronte Africano.
Dopo tutto questo tempo naturalmente le battaglie interessanti da ricostruire era salito di numero, e ora spero che questo sia degno di essere chiamato modulo, anche se sicuramente non a livello degli altri uffiali per questo gioco.
Tra gli scenari trovate uno chiamato Tunisia_modello questo non è uno scenario giocabile ma raccoglie l'ordine di battaglia di tutte le principali unità impiegate in Tunisia nei primi mesi.
I primi che giocheranno questi scenari devono, a mio avviso, agire da beta tester in quanto non ho testato a sufficienza tutti gli scenari ma ho corretto solo gli errori più evidenti iniziando anche tre volte lo stesso scenario ma senza finire quasi nessuno.
Sentitevi liberi di correggere gli errori che troverete, so di essere carente soprattutto nella assegnazione degli obbiettivi vittoria, e accetterò tutte le critiche, vi chiedo solo di inviarmi le vostre correzoni in modo da tenere traccia delle versioni e mettere a disposizione di tutti gli scenari corretti. Per fare questo occorre anche usare la versione 5.1.28 di CO2, come già accennato in altre discussioni.
Per la bibliografia è praticamente impossibile citare tutti i siti da me visitati per documentare le varie battaglie (internet è una miniera inesauribile di informazioni).
Per tutti voglio citare "https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/USA-MTO-NWA/index.html#index" che è stata la linea guida del mio modulo. Naturalmente Wikipedia e tutti i suoi collaboratori e infine ringraziare il dott. Leo Nierhost per il suo preziosissimo sito per gli organigrammi delle varie forze "http://niehorster.org/".

Buon divertimento
Author
Dordo
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from Dordo

Latest reviews

Great Work, Thank you