Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

2 more questions...........

Art Hall

Op fire....let me make sure I understand this right.............A Marine Assault Sq gets no OP fire on first hex it moves into (unless it moves next to an enemy unit).
The number of potential OP fire oppro. is equal to MP's expended to get into hex?

Muchas gratias for your help.

Art

TerryB

Hi Art,

A unit may receive op. fire every time it spends MPs (with the exception of when moving into melée). So if I understand correctly, the squad can receive op. fire even in the first hex it moves in to.

It can receive a number of separate attacks equal to the number of MPs it spent to get into the hex. E.g when moving into a hex where it costs 4 MPs it could, theoretically, receive 4 separate attacks. An attack is considered fire from one stack of enemy units (if the firing stack has DFT AND OFT support weapons then this counts as only one attack).

Art Hall

Hi Art,

A unit may receive op. fire every time it spends MPs (with the exception of when moving into melée). So if I understand correctly, the squad can receive op. fire even in the first hex it moves in to.

It can receive a number of separate attacks equal to the number of MPs it spent to get into the hex. E.g when moving into a hex where it costs 4 MPs it could, theoretically, receive 4 separate attacks. An attack is considered fire from one stack of enemy units (if the firing stack has DFT AND OFT support weapons then this counts as only one attack).

According to module rules (Heroes of the Pacific) SMC Marine Assault squads do not in their 1st hex moved into (rule # 13.2.1.3)

Thanks Terry