Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

5.0.18 - Triple Msg Posts and Crash on Leaving Game

Hello All,

Most recent issues with release 5.0.17 are that I am seeing the in game messages in triplicate:

Triple Notice in CO2.jpg

And, when I leave or exit a game, it crashes:
CO2 Crash on Exit.jpg

Any thoughts?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
It's not happening here./ I need a save where there is triple posts and another where it will display that error message on quitting.

Please confirm the method of exiting the game. Do you do this via the Game Menu - ie by clicking on the Menu button in the toolbar and then selecting Quit.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
OK I found the triple messages. This occurs when you have the Tools dialog open and I believe that's because I have failed to remove the original messaging code from there. In CO1 that was where the messaging code resided but once we moved to separate dialogs that could be dismissed I had to move that code to the GameWindow. I'll follow up on this.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Actually it's not the Tools Dialog but the Orders dialog. The more I discover about this bit of code the less I like it. It attempts to incorporate code that needs to be available all the time but is doing so in a dialog that may be hidden. Not good. Looks like I have some work ahead of me to rectify this. My apologies folks but in the interim it may be best to use the 5.0.16 build. It won't have the messages but it will avoid the crash bug at the end when you quit and I suspect some other irregularities. I will aim to get this fixed by the end of the week, touch wood.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I've solved the triple posts issue and I think I have also fixed what I think maybe causing the crash. I believe that was caused by having a duplicate AddObserver() call. But to confirm that I need a save that produces the crash error on quitting. Can someone please provide me with that as I have not been able to reproduce that error here on my dev machine. If I can get that asap I can put out a new build.

I've solved the triple posts issue and I think I have also fixed what I think maybe causing the crash. I believe that was caused by having a duplicate AddObserver() call. But to confirm that I need a save that produces the crash error on quitting. Can someone please provide me with that as I have not been able to reproduce that error here on my dev machine. If I can get that asap I can put out a new build.

see attached - just 'leave game'

Attachments

• AutoSave #5.zip
    222.6 KB · Views: 1