Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

5.0 Rules

animalx2c

simple question:

currently do not play LNLT.

Making my first buy, do the current sets have the updated rules? or do i also need to buy the 5.0 rulebook to play current ruleset?

Thanks.

Keith T

The current 5.0 rules are not in the games. You can buy the 5.0 rules, which are well done or download them yourself and print them out. btw the rules in the games currently work fine.

Keith T.

animalx2c

Thank you, sorry to bug you again, follow up question:

are they planning on changing any of the stats or pieces to make it more balanced (if needed) with the new rule set, or is the change to 5.0 just the rules and no change to any of the current components?

Thanks again.
Stephen

Rydo

Thank you, sorry to bug you again, follow up question:

are they planning on changing any of the stats or pieces to make it more balanced (if needed) with the new rule set, or is the change to 5.0 just the rules and no change to any of the current components?

Thanks again.
Stephen

I highly doubt we will ever see a changing in the already present unit values, they've passed the test of time :)

I'm still using and referencing 4.1 but the only big difference that i can think of between the two versions is that now in 5.0 you can fire between buildings with a negative modifier. That was a welcomed change.

Example here, in 4.1 the los between those units was bloked, now is degraded with a -2 ( i hope i'm right :) )

los.png

So go for it!!!

Keith T

I highly doubt we will ever see a changing in the already present unit values, they've passed the test of time :)

I'm still using and referencing 4.1 but the only big difference that i can think of between the two versions is that now in 5.0 you can fire between buildings with a negative modifier. That was a welcomed change.

Example here, in 4.1 the los between those units was bloked, now is degraded with a -2 ( i hope i'm right :) )

View attachment 7737

So go for it!!!

Smoke too is different in 5.0 if I remember correctly.