5.1.24: Objective Bug

Discussion in 'CO2 - Game Support' started by MarkShot, Dec 2, 2015.

1. MarkShot

MarkShot Member

I just took Steinebruck. Now, I did wait a few minutes to see what the UI would do. Here is what it did:

(1) CORRECT: The objective perimeter turned green.

(2) BUG: The regular messages at the top did not inform of this change in state.

(3) BUG: The objective in the Objective Window did not turn green. It only turned green after I clicked on it.

2. MarkShot

MarkShot Member

Here the scenario started at 6am. You can see that I have the objective, but no message.

[​IMG]

3. MarkShot

MarkShot Member

BTW, I know I have seen this behavior before where UI elements were not updating until you clicked on something (probably back in COTA).

I also saw a case where the OB window did not update, should be empty until I click on something. The unit count was 0, but there where still units displayed in the window.

4. MarkShot

MarkShot Member

The bug happened a second time at Lommersweiler. I was expecting it, but NVidia card seems unable to record videos from this game or desktop. Thus, I have nothing to show. But I have a save game about 15 minutes before it happens.

5. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

I took the decision re the OB dialog not to update if you click off. It does update if you click on another unit. This option allows you to select other objects on the map, like crossings and still retain the info in the OB display.

6. MarkShot

MarkShot Member

But the objectives with no message and no window update is really a bug. It's the only way one has to know what is happening in parts of the battle not currently under current observation.

7. MarkShot

MarkShot Member

Playing Manhay Crossroads. I am getting the message in this one, but still no window update.

[​IMG]

8. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

Do you have a save Mark taken just before the unit achieves its objective?

9. MarkShot

MarkShot Member

I will have to check my backups for a file.

You will not need a perfect save as you can just order units holding an objective to vacate it and come back again. (That should be sufficient.) I will search later.

10. MarkShot

MarkShot Member

Dave,

I just sent you a save file and ReadMe to your personal email which illustrates this.