Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Lee Thompson

I have downloaded the sword to caen scenarios + map etc, but it states that I require vers 5.1.31, I only have 5,1,28. - Tried to update command Ops but it says I have the latest version! - where is the updatelocated, any pointers will be of assistance!

Bie

Will it be sent out as an update to all as l dont have a steam account?
The Steam account and application are both free. The Command Ops 2 base game is freely downloadable through the Steam application. It automatically keeps the game up to date, which is always a plus.

As Col. Sanders already mentioned: every Co2 official module you already own can be unlocked through steam keys available through the the LnL site.

Lee Thompson

The Steam account and application are both free. The Command Ops 2 base game is freely downloadable through the Steam application. It automatically keeps the game up to date, which is always a plus.

As Col. Sanders already mentioned: every Co2 official module you already own can be unlocked through steam keys available through the the LnL site.
Well I have managed to get a steam account on my desktop hoping that I could transfer the updated file to my laptop (where the current CO2 game was downloaded and is situated but was unable to save the updated exe file to desktop and transfer. Why doesn't he have steam on his laptop I hear you ask, well I had a bad experience with Steam and try to limit my use with it, and as a result I would rather download/buy games from OEM which was the case here - and from what you are saying seems to be my downfall.

Secondly - what is the point of having a desktop shortcut for updates if you are only updating via steam - seems pointless really

Bie

Why doesn't he have steam on his laptop I hear you ask, well I had a bad experience with Steam and try to limit my use with it, and as a result I would rather download/buy games from OEM which was the case here - and from what you are saying seems to be my downfall.

I can respect that decision. What problem did you have with Steam if I may ask?

Lee Thompson

I would try to log on and it didn't recognize me and/or my password or it would take forever to log on - so just got fed up with it, admittingly that was a few years ago because my recent experience was a lot better, but would still like to see an update via the shortcut downloaded with the game directly from LNL.

col.sanders

I understand Lee,I have 2 versions one here and one on steam,I think the updater will be changed somewhat on here,but i don't think it will become a total steam thing.I have many games on steam and so far have no problems with it,if steam fails i have my version here.

ultradave

I have 2 versions now. I had always bought from the seller. I just set up everything on steam so that I'd have access to the newer version. All I had to do was keep entering Steam license keys for the modules I already had. And then copy the user created ones to the right places in Steam (not too hard - no worse than doing it the first time in my "regular" installation.

Rake

I just found this thread after downloading the scenario pack and receiving the same message. I understand that I can use my Steam key to play on Steam, but I DO NOT play on Steam. If I wanted to play on Steam, I would have purchased the game through Steam Count me amongst those that despise that platform. I'll have to wait until the update is finished... shame