Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

A couple more things

Grognerd

As I work this Chir river battle establishment I see a few minor thing that would be nice (chrome) for a East Front module.
There is no specific icon for cavalry, sure you can use the recon icon but the Soviets in this battle use cavalry, MC recon, which share the same icon.

The weather was overcast most of the battle. It was -5 to 2 Celsius, so it did rain at times! But overcast is not on the weather table, please add overcast to the weather (no effects except the there is no air power).

As I work this Chir river battle establishment I see a few minor thing that would be nice (chrome) for a East Front module.
There is no specific icon for cavalry, sure you can use the recon icon but the Soviets in this battle use cavalry, MC recon, which share the same icon.
Since you're first with an East Front battle, you could look into designing the unit capability for your purposes using the Estab Editor. If it works, then it will become a game standard.

Part of the reason the developers released the design tools is so the community could expand on the game capabilities.

The weather was overcast most of the battle. It was -5 to 2 Celsius, so it did rain at times! But overcast is not on the weather table, please add overcast to the weather (no effects except the there is no air power).

This could also be accomplished by not assigning any strike missions during periods where there is heavy overcast. It won't show that it's explicitly overcast, but has the same effect on the battle.

Grognerd

Well I have added horses to the vehicle list and Horses as prime movers. (didn't see them in another estab. These are the cavalry symbols. \

When I think I'm done I will then go review all of the crazy little details like consumption rates, reload times, deployment duration, things like that for consistency with other modules and within itself. Some of those thing I have not really checked yet. So much data so little time!

cav.jpg

Your correct, I a just not assigning any strikes to the scenario's. Overcast designation is just chrome for game looks and authenticity.

Well I have added horses to the vehicle list and Horses as prime movers. (didn't see them in another estab. These are the cavalry symbols. \

When I think I'm done I will then go review all of the crazy little details like consumption rates, reload times, deployment duration, things like that for consistency with other modules and within itself. Some of those thing I have not really checked yet. So much data so little time!

View attachment 9268

Your correct, I a just not assigning any strikes to the scenario's. Overcast designation is just chrome for game looks and authenticity

The conundrum will be defining deployment for a traditional cavalry riding attack and as dismounted infantry.

Since a single unit can't do both, you may have to design one type unit for the horse efforts (focusing primarily on recon) and another for static combat similar to what is done with motorized infantry in some scenarios.