Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

A couple of more minor changes to orders & whack-a-mole units

Grognerd

Just some more random thoughts about a couple of minor issues-

1) I think the planning AI is pretty good but, it would be nice if I could override parts of it without causing units to become unattached. Sometimes the AI does not make the best of deployments and I want to act as the company commander (or battalion commander). Things like tweak unit facing, move a unit when a defensive position is being laid out. Performing this and then reattaching the unit in-situ does not always work, or so it seems.

2) There comes a time when a company becomes combat ineffective and is just a rabble. Many times in game a unit with 1 man or many men will become kind of a pain! These units in general have ceased to be a real threat and are just a game nuisance. I propose these units should evaporate as the remaining man/men are now trying to get back to their lines and don't pose a combat threat. They are no longer pertinent to the game at hand, if they make it back or get captured is beyond the scope of the scenario.

Just some more random thoughts about a couple of minor issues-

. . .

2) There comes a time when a company becomes combat ineffective and is just a rabble. Many times in game a unit with 1 man or many men will become kind of a pain! These units in general have ceased to be a real threat and are just a game nuisance. I propose these units should evaporate as the remaining man/men are now trying to get back to their lines and don't pose a combat threat. They are no longer pertinent to the game at hand, if they make it back or get captured is beyond the scope of the scenario.

This issue appears to be addressed in the game when depleted units disband and remaining assets merge with peer units. What you may perceive is the cadre of remaining assets from depleted units before they are merged into peer units.

Grognerd

Yeah, it is Jim a minor issue that I was just giving a suggestion to address.
The two units in question I had good intel on and one was a Bn HQ that had 1 man, far too small for a unit game counter to be displayed - the other was 11 men, again IMO too small to rate a counter. Maybe another possible suggestion would be to replace the combat counter with a REM counter, denoting a remnant that cannot affect victory locations - along with some other rules to govern REM counters.

And remember this is a minor issue. I'm having a blast with "Foothills of the Gods" so far my definite favorite module. I'm trying to improve my game skill in regards to timing multiple assaults.