Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

A couple of questions

MCabido

I have posted a number of questions under the nickname Portella in the consimworld and Stéphane has been very helpful there, but since I'm still learning this very nice system and the consimworld interface is rather cumbersome, I prefer to post them here. Most are just to confirm my own interpretation.

1. 10.5.6.3 states: “As an impulse action, a MMC or Hero may attempt to put out a Fire 1 marker [...] 1d6 is rolled, modified by +1 for each additional MMC or Hero assisting the attempt. Good Order Leaders LM also apply. [...]”

Does the MMC (or Hero) it have to be GO? I suppose a GO Leader with OPS complete can’t lend its LM, right?

Btw, it is stated that a SMC can start a fire when using a flamethrower. Why not a Molotov Cocktail? Any specific reason?

2. “To conduct the Melee, the IFP of all the attacking units [...] and Melee-eligible SWs [...] is compared to the FP of any defending units the attacker chooses [...]” I’m always considering that all ME units, independent of Moved, Fired, Ops Complete markers, will contribute their full FP. Just want to confirm.

3. In the melee example 3 we have a unit having to choose between a 1:3 odds against A or a 1:2 odds against B and it is stated that it can’t choose to attack both (1:5 odds), since we have a minimum limit of 1:3. But the example compares two options that don’t cross the 1:3 limit vs their sum and the rule states “cannot be conducted against MULTIPLE units that exceed 1:3 odds”. Obviously, if there was only one option with 1:4 odds, it would be able to attack using 1:3 odds. Now, suppose there is a 1:6 odds attack against a single squad with SW and a 1:2 odds against another squad. Would the attacker be unable to choose the squad with SW, since there is an option above minimum? I suppose, by the rules, that he would be able to choose the 1:6 odds, since it isn't against multiple units. Am I right?

4. Shaken units “cannot advance [...] toward an enemy unit in their Line of Sight”. I know the rule is clear here, but since it is counter intuitive, I must ask if, being adjacente to an enemy unit, it can move “bordering” the enemy unit to another adjacent hex.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
1. The rules do not mention any requirement for the unit to be in GO so I have to say no at this momernt, but I'll make sure to put a note in the next revision that they need to be. It just make sense, even more so if a leader can asssist only if it is in GO. A GO leader marked ops complete can't lend its LM, as per the usual rule. And I don't know for sure why the Molotov cocktail was left out.

2. Yes.

3. You can choose the odds you want but if the odds are lower than 1:3, it must be against a single unit. In your example, you could attack at 1:6 against the single unit.

4. Yes, as long as this new hex is not closer to another enemy unit

MCabido

1. 8.1.1 state that a unit may withdraw from melee after passing a Morale Check and that LM and TMs apply. I couldn't find how TM would affect it? Would it be like the -2 when rallying?

2. In 6.0 we have: "[...] units with MF equal to or greater than one can always move one hex, no matter the cost, [...]". I have always played allowing shaken units to do it too, since the have MF greater than one, but what about a tank using reverse movement?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
1. Yes, it is the -2 for rallying (doing a morale check in terrain with a positive TM)

2. All units can always move one hex.

MCabido

Thanks Stéphane. As for question 1, I read the rules on morale checks again you're right, it is stated that the -2 is for any morale checks in places with positive TM. Since we mostly use it for rallying, I forgot it isn't rally rule.