Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

A Wing and a Prayer - Bombing the Reich

Tony M

I just noticed this game today, and it looks very promising. Are any more details available? Complexity? Any playtester AARs? Any word on release date?

Rich Edwards

Once the game is released we post it in our resource section. I always like to give the designers once last pass of the game.
While, as a rules editor myself, I appreciate allowing the designers another pass at the rules, if the game has gone to press then there surely must be a final PDF copy of those rules, the ones that we are all purchasing and will be delivered with the game.

As part of preparing to play, it would be very helpful for many of us to have a copy of this PDF, to match that of the written rules we'll receive with the game, so that we can begin reading and learning before the game arrives so we're ready to play.

Of course there will be some changes and perhaps an updated PDF shortly after publication once the designers get another pass and players start asking questions. But such a future version doesn't diminish the value of a PDF copy of the rules as printed, which, hopefully, we could have access to now.

Unless of course the game hasn't gone to the printer and the rules are actually still in editing.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Rich,

The game is done and fully printed and on a boat. We only release the manual once the game is out and shipping. It is not to be mean or stop anyone enjoyment of the game but we are helping represent our designers work. In that interest and to do that we prefer to allow the designer the final approval.

David

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Rich,

Yes, of course, we let the designer look at everything before we printed. My point is time has passed and it always a good to let the designer review the game again. I also find releasing the manual before the game causing a lot of issues because players do not have the player aids etc. So I will release the manual when the games start shipping.

David