Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

AAR - Manhay Crossroads

Velkan

I will use unit counters for a while for several reasons: never used them; they provide more information on a quick glance; might be more AAR-friendly. Anyone knows what counters Germany used on their maps? It couldn't have been NATO. Can't find information on that.

UPDATE: 0029 hours, Day 3

Centre/West:
D3, 0029 - ambush la fosse.png

While the Stug IIIs from 6/PR.2SS moved from Lamormenil to the west, in order to support the future attack on Sadzot, a new mechanized company seem to have advanced from the south. The enemy surprised our 3 Regiment HQ in La Fosse and was repelled by an immense barrage from our 10,5 cm guns and mortar fire (see Fire Support box on the lower right). However, since their presence threatens our only MSR to II/PR.2SS near Sadzot, they will have to be dealt with. The order has been given to the Grenadiers from 7/GR.3SS in the south to pursuit the mechanized enemy through the forest tracks, while our forces near Sadzot block (I want to keep them rested) the paths from the other side of the forest. Down south, the AT platoon will defend-delay Lamormenil from the weakened recon company.

Edit, 0051 hours:
ambush 2.png
20min later, the enemy glider infantry company missing for over 6 hours attempted to attack Oster, where our regiment bases and self-propelled Grille artillery are located. Heavy bombardment disrupted their attack.

North:
D3, 0029 - north.png

Our northern defences have been holding very well, despite the continuous enemy attacks, allowing several units to rest safely in the towns. The enemies moving forward will make splendid targets for our Panthers come morning. Unfortunately, our presence in the woods has been shortened and might be even more, due to the suspected presence of enemy infantry and armour, advancing from the road and retreating after failed attacks on Grandmenil. Our unmounted grenadiers need a proper rest with a roof over their heads and I will not leave our panzers in the woods unguarded.

Before dawn we will focus on taking Sadzot to the west and retake control of the road to Erezee in the north.

Our supplies are getting dangerously low:
D3, 0029 - supply.png
Getting in only 20% supply, the division base stores are nearly empty since everything goes forward to our regimental bases. These still have 50% of their stores and I hope my heavy use of artillery doesn't compromise supply elsewhere. I'll keep track.

Last edited:

Velkan

UPDATE: 0320 hours, Day 3

South:
D3, 0320 - south.png

While the Grenadiers from 7/GR.3SS where preparing to move in pursuit of the mechanized company attacking La Fosse, the enemy seemed to have anticipated our response. The enemy mechanized company F/36 attacked Lamormenil again, catching our forces in column formation, causing several casualties and forcing our retreat to the south while artillery forced the enemy to pull back as well. In the meantime, a powerful self propelled artillery battalion (with around 17 M7 Priest and a couple of M4 Shermans) was spotted moving in from the north to Lamormenil, forcing a response from our Pak Platoon. The ensuring enemy fire knocked out every AT guns emplacement and caused several casualties.

In the centre, what seemed to be an attack by a second glider infantry against Oster turned out to the the previous company's battalion HQ, that routed into the woods along with its surviving company. Moving against La Fosse a second time, versus our 3 Regiment HQ, is the enemy mechanized company D/36 that had routed into the woods. With the changing situation near Lamormenil, the Pioneers from 15/GR.3SS (resting near Sadzot) have been ordered to attack the enemy from the forest track.

North:
D3, 0320 - north.png

The towns of Manhay and Grandmenil have been well defended, forcing the enemy to explore other options. From the woods east of Manhay, a company of enemy airborne troops attacked our 2 Regiment HQ and the Flak company guarding it. The attack was repelled with the aid of mortar bombardment from Manhay, but it has raised concerns as to what forces are hiding in those woods? Fortunately, needed reinforcements will arrive around 0500 hours, I. Battalion GR.4SS with 430 Grenadiers, Flak and mortar platoons. To the west of Grandmenil, the Grenadiers from 3/GR.3SS haven't been attacked but haven't got much rest either. If nothing changes, their will be relieved before dawn.

West:
D3, 0320 - west.png

While the Pioneers move towards La Fosse, our forces have been resting for the attack on Sadzot and our artillery has been busy elsewhere. When they are available again, their focus will be the strong armoured company that ambushed us and caused so many losses in panzers the day before. Despite these losses, the town must be taken for us to exploit the exit towards Erezee and the armoured company dislodged before dawn. Once this is done, we can use the long range fire of our panzers against the enemy units down near Awez.

Last edited:

Velkan

UPDATE - 0424 hours, Day 3

North:
D3, 0424 - reinforcements.png

Reinforcements have arrived! Grenadiers from the I/GR.4SS have been imediately ordered to attack the enemy airborne infantry battalion hiding in the woods, while the panzers from 3/PR.2SS will position outside the woods to cut off any stragglers. If the destruction of this enemy force is completed before dawn, the grenadiers from I/GR.4SS will be ordered north towards Vaux-Chavanne and the nearby forest.

Southwest:
D3, 0424 - south, west.png

In the South, the attack on our Pak platoon was so severe the unit had to be disbanded. I have ordered the Grenadiers from 7/GR.3SS to fall back and defend Freyneux. This objective we will defend at all cost, its loss could cut off our forces to the west.

Near Oster, the enemy glider infantry keeps harassing the town, having blocked the road to the south, which might prevent our supplies towards our regiment bases. This will have to be dealt with by the Pioneers from 15/GR.3SS, who are right now moving to attack the enemy mechanized company D/36 last spotted near La Fosse.

To the West, one of our main objectives for phase 3 has been achieved. Sadzot is ours and the enemy armour from F/33 has been expelled from the village. However, due to the high presence of enemy infantry and artillery near the area, they might attempt to attack us from the woods, bombard us continuously or even cut us off. Dawn will show us what the enemy has been up to near Awez.

Daz

I was looking forward to see if you managed to exit any forces at Ereze :(

Velkan

Hey guys. Sorry for the late reply, better late than never. I lost my drive (including the saves) for an error when I was writing and playing. I tried to fix it in every way possible to save my files, but I lost my saves, the images, the texts, etc. I could never had the same results if I started and I couldn't get myself to replay the same scenario after losing that much effort put into it. Sorry guys.