Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

AAR Recordings

GoodGuy

GoodGuy,

Look mate that would not work. You would have to reprogram all the old versions and rerelease them. I am stretched enough.

Hm. I meant player versions, not engine versions. Let's say you have a basic player version, and if you then handle new features (which you said may be introduced in several steps, if I am not mistaken) like different add-ons or modules (regarding recording data and new feature data), the basic player could still run, as there would be 2 data streams: The basic stream and the several streams for the new modules. If a particular new module isn't present, the data meant for that particular module would then go to NIL, and the player would proceed with what it can actually process/display.

GoodGuy

That would be an extremely complex undertaking code-wise and while it may work for UI changes it would not be possible to implement this approach for AI changes. I am not trying to pi*s you off but this ain't going to fly.
No problem. I'm just putting out ideas here. Not all ideas may be feasable, programming-wise. :)