Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Adjacent in Wooden Building

joneshowarda

If I have an American squad in one hex of a wooden building and a German squad in another hex of the same building (same floor) I assume that both units get the adjacency bonus when firing upon one another.

Can I also assume that the defender in both cases also gets the +3 for being in a wooden building, as they're probably hiding behind walls and the like?

joneshowarda

Thanks for the swift reply!

Before I invested in this game I'd read that there were a lot of rules and exceptions. While I realize that some of the rule confusion must have stemmed from previous editions of the rulebook, I have to say that I'm finding a lot of rules intuitive. This one, for instance. I just did what I thought was natural and it turns out that's the way the game is supposed to run.

I discovered something similar yesterday with the melee rules. I couldn't find a ruling on something while playing, made a judgement call, and then later learned I'd played it as the game designers intended.

Cottonbaler

I agree, the rules, though not perfectly clear all the time, are logical and sensible and easy to interpret with an understanding of the situation represented on the ground and a little common sense. Welcome to the system and enjoy!

joneshowarda

Thanks! So far I'm really enjoying myself. The only thing that bugs me is that I still haven't managed to win as the Germans in Assault on Vierville. I've logged 6 plays now, and putting aside that the first one was just following the walkthrough and I made lots of mistakes the next 2 times, that's still 3 to nothing. I want to win with the other side before I move on to another one map scenario, like Carentan.