Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

After a move is complete, who gets supply priority?

Joe98

I have only 2 units on the map. Both units are motorized infantry battalions. Both units report to the same supply base.

Both units have exactly the same number and type of men, vehicles and weapons. Both units are exactly alike in every way.

Both units start with their Ammo, Basics and Fuel at 50%

Both units start exactly the same distance from the supply base. Both units will move the same distance along the same type of roads and both will finish the same distance from the supply base.

As a result both will use up the same amount of Fuel and Basics.

I give both move orders and both take 2 hours to complete their moves. The move lasts from 8:00 am to 10:00 am

During the course of the move, I order unit A to receive maximum Ammo, Basics and Fuel and unit B to receive minimum Ammo, Basics and Fuel.

Q1: When the move is complete unit A should have more Ammo, Basics and Fuel than unit B. Is that correct?

Q2: When the move is complete, the order icon disappears from the map. Does that mean that unit A is no longer receiving supply priority?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
First off there are two types of resupply, namely the scheduled resups that occur either once or twice a day and then the emergency resups that occur ad hoc if a unit runs low. Whenever one of these occurs the AI will determine the priority based on its current orders. If there are no current orders then it will not have a priority - ie it will be normal. You could assign a Move order with a high priority resup rating and a duration of two days. Even though the unit will complete it in 2 hours, the assigned order would remain and hence its resup priority.

I can see what you are getting at though and there is probably a case for having a resup priority independent of the orders. Mmm...food for thought.