Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

AI route selection

Kurt

Screenshot 2015-05-09 08.18.02.png This looks like poor route choice considering orders, intel and the fact that its tried this road twice and been forced to retreat both times ! Screenshot 2015-05-09 08.18.02.png

Kurt

Ah I will get the hang of this reporting thingy one day :wtf: sorry Dave , just checked my auto saves and its been overwritten , i will know better next time. can someone please explain to me how to upload a game save :sorry:

Last edited:

EdJaws

Zip it. The forum software will only take certain file extensions that you'll see when you click on Upload a File.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Kurt is that screen dump with perfect intel (ie after you have Surrendered) or in game intel? It's unfortunate you don't have a save. Next time this occurs try the same but with a different route type. this one was safest. Try it with avoidance and see if that changes things.

Kurt

Dave its 'in game' intel and like you say i will do a save next time

Daz

A problem they may be having here is its very close to the map edge so its options for a bypass, still using covered terrain are very limited, other than a wide sweeping move across that open hill to the east.
A.35 would still have line of sight to them even if they kept close to the east edge of town, and probably across the hill to the east as well to be honest.

I think the enemy have effectively cut the Bn in two and you should be thinking about an alternative plan to re-unite them.

Daz

I don't see how setting Avoidance will help Dave?

I thought the Safest route was an Avoidance route first and foremost, where they will look for the best cover on that Avoidance route if its available?

I can't see that the AI has any route available to it, in this instance, that is not going to take it through arcs of enemy fire.
Its effectively stuck and will probably remain that way until it gets dark.

Kurt

Valid points, the poor AI has been asked to carry out the impossible, perhaps a message saying the planned move has been aborted !

Daz

At D3, 09:13 (in about 25 min) it will probably give up trying and revert to no orders.
This is a good example of when you shouldn't advance the end time several days to stop it expiring, unless you are monitoring them closely.

Kurt

Noted, I usually monitor all developments as I dont yet trust friendly AI to carry out all my demands. I suppose Adolf did the same .......poorly mostly I suspect. :wacky:

X.ray

I don't see how setting Avoidance will help Dave?

I thought the Safest route was an Avoidance route first and foremost, where they will look for the best cover on that Avoidance route if its available?

I can't see that the AI has any route available to it, in this instance, that is not going to take it through arcs of enemy fire.
Its effectively stuck and will probably remain that way until it gets dark.
I agree. Cover is cover and avoidance is avoidance, but safe should be a combination of both. Furthermore, in addition to avoidance of known enemy, it should also try to avoid potential ambush. I'd say if you want to be "safe" you wouldn't want to walk on the main road to start with...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Arkadiy

An example of an "interesting" route selection. The HQ decided to give a few units avoidance route. That resulted in them being sent on big trip through streams and fields instead of going about 50m to the FUP. Probably because FUP happens to be in a contested zone (no-color overlay). Unless the game models road congestion (that area is seeing a lot of traffic).

I'm attaching a save + recording.

Attachments

• roundabout.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

john connor

Thanks Arkadiy. The new patch deals with all this kind of routing behaviour, I believe, making considerable changes. We look forward to it!