Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

All I want for Xmas is ...PBEM

fabgov

The AI is grand, but nothing beats playing human vs human. Unfortunately finding a time window and an opponent to play in real time is hard. PBEM would be a great option. `Flashpoint Campaigns' has a similar/simplified version of the C&C structure of CO and they adopted a very smart way of doing PBEM that allows for asymmetric turns and C&C cycles of different length. That gives me hope that something similar/better could be done with CO.

Do you guys have any plans for that?

Joe98

It would require a whole new game designed from scratch. It is not something that could be added on.

Iconoclast

Joe, sorry, but I think as long as you are not 100% sure about what you say you should mark it as an opinion...no offense meant!

PBEM is on the list since the first "road map" see the old "the Plan" thread here:
HTML:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3310918

Also see the latest discussion around PBEM here
HTML:
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/counter-request.1004/#post-3145

regards,

A

I'd really like a real time multiplayer more than a PBEM system. This game is real-time, yes? Than the PBEM system wouldn't really work.

fabgov

Seems to me that adding a feature (as PBEM) could only enrich the game, bringing the game to a larger audience. It certainly could not make it worse :). As much as the AI is capable, nothing beats playing against an opponent that has human emotions. Would you rather play the AI than say George S. Patton Jr. ? Rhetoric aside, as Iconoclast suggested, PBEM is on the to do list for this game, and given that other real-time games (Flashpoint Campaigns) managed to introduce it quite successfully, I hope it gets eventually done.