Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Alt Manhay quick AAR

Daz

In video gaming, a nerf is a change to a game that makes something less effective or desirable.
The word can be used as a verb to describe that change. The opposite of nerf is buff or revamp.

Just one of those new words I like to use, to make me feel younger and cooler than I am ;)

Daz

Favour Axis supply and reinforcements for both the player and the AI.

The Axis AI kept very large reserves, which helped them hold onto a surprise attack on Odigne by the 3.507 PIR on the last night but hindered them in holding onto Grandminel and Manhay.
Consequently there was very little support for the breakthough that one of their panzer Coys made towards the west and after a vicious close quarters battle with my infantry in wooded terrain, was eventually surrounded and destroyed by air support and bazookas.
However, they did managed to prevent me from getting a decisive victory.

I fought a very defensive battle for the first 24 hours, pulling all my forces back north of Manhay, then counterattacking during the following night, as they did historically, once I had some reinforcements.

It enjoyed it, but there is still a supply problem, where resupply is not re-started for units that have it suspended.
Mortar platoons attached to AI controlled formations are doing virtually nothing, to contribute to the defence or attack of their Bn.

Allies-Hard-end.jpg

john connor

Interesting. Thanks. The problematic size of the AI reserve, if thats what it is, is something I have mentioned to Dave many times. Large groups of idle forces which prevent the AI from properly contesting key objectives. If you change the AI stats, as i suggest, it happens less. Even less if you cut the objectives back.

You should send him a save about the supply issue, Daz.