Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

America Conquered Sniper Question

Hi,

I didn't see this question asked anywhere else, hence the new topic....

America Conquered page 7 Section 1.3.8 "Sniper" second paragraph states in part "The owning player rolls 1d6. If the number is equal to or less than the range, place a Disrupted marker on the unit." This verbiage implies that it is more likely for the Sniper to hit at long range than short range.

The Sniper counter reads "1D6 >= RNG = HIT", which implies that the Sniper is more likely to hit at close range.

I'm guessing the counter is correct?

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hi Scott, you are correct, as is the counter. Thanks for finding that! I am editing the draft the new rules and am not up to that yet, but I will change it now. :)

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Hi Scott, you are correct, as is the counter. Thanks for finding that! I am editing the draft the new rules and am not up to that yet, but I will change it now. :)

Keith,

Thanks for the extremely prompt reply.

For what it's worth, I found this on Boardgame Geek:

World At War: America Conquered FAQ

1.6 Morale: The example should read, “All units of the Havana Rifles have a morale
factor of 7. When the game calls for a morale check, roll 2d6; if the result is ≤ the
Formation’s morale, the unit passes the morale check.”

Scenarios
In all instances that call for a Cuban Designated Formation marker, substitute an Ops
Complete marker in the cup.

Scenario 1
Substitute the Nicaraguan PT-76 for the Cuban PT-76 the scenario calls for. Substitute
the AV-8B CAS for the second F4 strike, if needed.

Scenario 2
Add 1 x HQ to the 1-124th OOB.

Scenario 3
The ZSU-23-4 should be “Shilka.”

Scenario 4
Add 1 x AH-1W to the 4th MEU. Set up as per the SSR.
Use the CH-46 SSRs for scenario 7, for the CH-46.

Scenario 5
The ZSU-23-4 should be “Shilka.”

Scenario 6
The M-901 should be an ITV.
Mobs: Mobs have a morale of six, no HQ, and are always in command. They, and the
attached Armed Civilians, activate when their formation marker is pulled from the cup.
As per 1.3.6 the Mob or Armed Civilians to which Vasquez attaches assume her morale.
Add 1 x HQ to the Soviet OMG.

Scenario 7
Add 1 x HQ to the Soviet OMG.

Keith Tracton

Staff member
A lot of the above will be taken care of by rewriting the module rules, but to address some specifuc solutions that I am implementing:

The unit nomenclature on the counters is being standardized across all the games. (Keep clear...I have spreadsheet and I know how to use it...) for example in the new scenarios you will see M-901 ITV, and that will be the same on the counter. Same for the Shilka, now consistently the ZSU-23 Shilka, as it will be listed in the scenarios. (Continued)

Last edited:

Keith Tracton

Staff member
For goodness sake of course there will be a Cuban Designated Formation marker, and they will have their own PT-76s! ;)

Keith Tracton

Staff member
The other counter based issues are being eliminated as formations will be complete on the new countersheets: no adding of extraneous hqs or helos or whatever. They will have them as required.