Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Another LOS question

docsmann

On map A of TBATJ, I have an Afghan 1-6-4 on a roof top in H3 and a Soviet 2-5-4 in I3. The walls in Afghanistan are usually only chest or chin high to the average American guy. So I don't even count that. But are the Afghanies out of sight of the Soviets?

Another question. If a hex is spotted in one turn after having fired or moved etc. and why is their spotted marker removed in the next admin phase even they're still technically spotted due to no one moving.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
1) There is no wall between A-H3 and A-I3. Assuming you meant A-I2 for the latter, and because LOS is reciprocal, both units have LOS ot each other
2) Spotting means you get a clean shot to the enemy in that 50-meters hex. Until then, you knew the enemy is there but it is well hidden. After you spotted it the turn before, the enemy moved around in that 50-meter hex to regain some cover and you have to spot it again. Spotting is not the same as acquiring