Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Another newb question on OF

Marengo

I'm sure the rules cover it, but can't see it at the moment...

A currently unspotted stack (in a building) next to a buttoned tank close assaults the tank. Does the tank get OF (noting the stack will be in the same hex as it)?

Apologies if this is clear in the rules, but i'm not getting it!s
Thx

Ty Snouffer

Good question. I don't think it is entirely clear but I would say no OF based on how Melee is run. On top of that the assaulters have to pass a Morale Check to go in. That seems to cover the tank's protection in this case.

Not on official ruling, just my take.

Cheers

Marengo

Cheers Ty, my thoughts too. I'll play it through and see if anything definitive is posted for future reference.
Obliged :)

Barthheart

Staff member
The tank does not get to OP fire. No one gets to OP fire as the enemy moves into their hex. Your last chance is when then enter the hex next to yours. If the enemy starts his move next to you then you don't get to Op fire and bad on you for letting them start there. ;)

Marengo

:) Ha! It was an ambush! (Tough as Nails scenario in HotM) and it was me doing it against the Germans in solo mode....

Thanks for the clarification. My best laid plans have backfired though as although they passed the CA test they failed to kill the tank and are now about to receive some retribution! :(
Cheers