Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

ANSWERED - Multiple windows of friendly units don´t work....

pekische

Multiple windows of friendly units don´t work.... I can one window of friendly unit open. This is updated when I select another friendly unit. But after click "force info" nothing happens...

For enemy forces all works well. I can open windows how much I want...

pekische

Thx, Dave! Please say me, why is shift key needed? I guess that new Force Data dialog could be opened just with simple click on context menu like first window. It would be more simple.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The way it works pekische is that if you open just the first Force Data dialog and leave it open, then you can select another unit and that dialog will update with the data for the new selection. In other words, it's just like it was in CO1 when you had only one force data view in the sidebar. So you can click on your units and see the new data for each as you go without the need to open up new dialogs. However, if you want to do a compare between units or to view the other tabs side by side you can. But in this case we need to let the application know that by holding the shift key down and selecting Force Data from the context menu. The Shift key says create an additional dialog.

Note that additional dialogs don't update with the selection. They remain fixe to the original selection. So for example if you want to keep an eye on a particular unit. Select it. If the first Force Data dialog is already open this will update the data in it. But because this dialog will dynamically change you need to then right click and hold the shift key down while you select Force Data from the context menu to open up an additional dialog. Move this one to somewhere convenient. It will stay focussed on the unit. You can then click around on other units and their data will appear in the first dialog but leave the additional one untouched.

I hope I have explained that clearly for you.