Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

ANSWERED - Some UI elements are broken if custom text size is defined

Ripppe

Okey, didn't find any reference to the same kind of problem, so I'll open a new support thread for this. I don't know if this is something that can be fixed at all, but let see what is Dave's verdict.

What the bug is
If you have defined a custom text size in Window's display settings (see the attachment), it causes CO UI to break down. I don't have pictures to show at the moment, but for example in scenario selection the map is offset to the left (it covers half of the actual scenario list). Other such instance is Forces display, which can't show the data correctly (elements either would overflow right or down, causing them to be partially hidden). If needed, I'll post example images when I get my hands on to the game again. Changing game or Windows resolution does not seem to correct the situation.

This is kind of frustrating since I use the custom text size setting to be able to see normal Windows texts properly from my high resolution monitor. (Yea, I have a poor eyesight :))

Game versions affected
CO2 and CO:BftB

How to produce
(Prerequisite) MS Windows 7 (probably caused by any Windows version which gives the option to define custom text size)
  • Change the text size from display settings (see the attachment)
  • Conduct the necessary restarts
  • Open CO 2 and scenario list
  • Start any scenario
  • Open Forces dialog

Attachments

• windows_display_text_size.JPG
    windows_display_text_size.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 13

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Rippe,

Welcome. Thanks for the feedback. Command Ops has never supported that Windows feature. I realise that more and more of our customers want to be able to use that feature and that in fact was one of the prime motivations for moving from the old sidbar user interface to the independent dialogs. Now that we have done that we aim to resize these dialogs to handle the customised text sizing. But it's not here yet. That is slotted in for a future update. In the meantime you need to reset your system font size to 100% - ie 96dpi.

Ripppe

Thanks for the swift reply Dave. I suspected that this is something that can't be tackled just by snapping fingers, but it is good to get a confirmation.

I'm aware about the resizing option coming in the future (been lurking in the forums about a month or so), lets see if that can solve the problem.

In the mean time, I'll try toggling to 100 % when playing. ;)

Ripppe

Yes of course! As a software designer I have a very good hunch for this kind of problems. :)

MikeGER

In the mean time, I'll try toggling to 100 % when playing. ;)

I have the same problem (and too small counters too ) ...and just found a workaround (under Windows 7 64b home premium) until problem is solved in future updates

the windows magnifying glass function works with CO2 :)
and its has a fullscreen setting too ...so not a 'lens window' hovering over your screen

Function is activated by "Windows"-key and "+" key and deactivated by "Windows"-key and "-" key
(under Options you can change the zoom steps , and fullscreen or glass ...i have it at the lowest level of 25% steps)

Ripppe

Sorry Mike, noticed your reply just now!

The problem for me is not exactly that the GAME UI is too small but the native Windows' fonts with my resolution are way too little for my poor eyes. :) That's why I've applied the custom font setting.