Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Any Counter With Wings on It...

If I have learned anything in my 68 years, it is never judge a book by its cover, a car (or woman) by its body work, a bottle of scotch by its label or a game by its box. I should first confess that I used to be a hopeless sucker for any game that simulated air combat. From Battleline's Air Force to Yaquinto's Wings, I have probably played or at least observed the playing of the majority of them. While none of them were really bad, very few were really good enough to hold my interest for very long. Now, despite my weakness for and cavalier attitude towards air war games, I look at the new ones with a jaundiced eye.

When I first saw the ad for the upcoming A Wing and a Prayer: Bombing the Reich on this website, I was mildly interested. Then, I read the "teaser" and the various forum posts and became intrigued. Could this be an air war game that wouldn't be just a passing fancy for me and I would play again and again? If I do purchase the game, will it be yet another waste of time and my meager retirement funds? Am I over-thinking this?

Obviously, I cannot make any judgments or offer an opinion until I get my hot little knarled hands on a copy and get wired into it. But this much I will say, A Wing and a Prayer is definitely going on my bucket list.

Off we go into the wild blue yonder...

Al

Tony M

No, you are not over-thinking this. I'm asking myself the same questions. I almost never buy a game sight-unseen, with no reviews and without being able to read the rules first. Like you, my funds are limited. I made an exception in this case, because of the subject matter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

By the way, I will be 60 on June 6. I will be interested to hear how you like this game whenever it comes out. Sooner, I hope, rather than later.

No, you are not over-thinking this. I'm asking myself the same questions. I almost never buy a game sight-unseen, with no reviews and without being able to read the rules first. Like you, my funds are limited. I made an exception in this case, because of the subject matter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

By the way, I will be 60 on June 6. I will be interested to hear how you like this game whenever it comes out. Sooner, I hope, rather than later.

Tony,

Actually, I am pretty much convinced to buy AWAAP based on what I've seen so far, the fine reputation of LnL and the fact that I'm very interested in the subject matter. However, I would indeed like to see a copy of the rules or a review prior to purchase.

Many thanks for your reply, Tony. And for you younger gamers out there; old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

Aloha,
Al

Tony M

It's disappointing that nobody is talking about this game. It would be nice to see some comments from playtesters--examples of play, AARs, etc. Somewhere I read that there have been many changes from the PnP version to this version, but I have not seen any description of what those changes are.

When I was a playtester for "Steel Wolves" we were encouraged to write AARs to stimulate interest in the game and answer questions that potential buyers might have.

Tony,

Actually, I am pretty much convinced to buy AWAAP based on what I've seen so far, the fine reputation of LnL and the fact that I'm very interested in the subject matter. However, I would indeed like to see a copy of the rules or a review prior to purchase.

Many thanks for your reply, Tony. And for you younger gamers out there; old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

Aloha,
Al

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys,

The designer was sick and I am sure he will start posting something soon. The truth is our print order was for over 20+ games and that has taken longer than we would like. We are still on schedule for the end of May or very very close to that.

David