Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Any plans for a CO2 Eastern Front module?

Takoda

I recently purchased Command Ops 2: Westwall and have been blown away with the level of detail, no doubt this engine would be perfect for Eastern front scenarios, or even modern conflict scenarios. Are there any future plans for a Eastern front module? This game would be ideal for Kharkov, Kursk or Cherkassy style scenarios. Sorry if my question has already been answered, I searched the threads before posting.

john connor

Hey Takoda. I agree Westwall is a really fantastic pack.

Dave has decided that some form of mount/dismount capability is needed before an EF pack can be properly Modelled, probably with sequential tasking backing that up. He's starting work on that now and work began a long while back on an EF pack set around the Chir River battles, post Stalingrad. So it's on the way, but probably for summer next year (my rough guess, and an optimistic one, I fear - Dave can correct me if it's off... ). Meanwhile, KOAD will be with us later this month.
Peter

Takoda

Thanks for the reply, that's great news about an EF pack, I don't mind waiting it will be worth it. Thanks for the heads up about KOAD, I have read many comprehensive accounts of the Ardennes offensive, for example THE ARDENNES: BATTLE OF THE BULGE by Hugh M. Cole, and ARMOR AT BASTOGNE. ARMORED SCHOOL, STUDENT RESEARCH REPORT so KOAD is a must buy for me. I'm so happy I found this game.

Last edited:

john connor

How are you doing with Westwall, Takoda? You should post some results in here, be great to see how you're doing. Did you try Encircling Aachen yet? I read a great book that dealt with all that, if you're interested - 'Aachen' by Baumer.

Takoda

Thanks for the book suggestion. I haven't plunged into any of the large scenarios yet, I have just been doing a lot of experimenting with the smaller core scenarios while reading tips from Daz's Return to St Vith Tutorial. I want to get a really good grasp on how the friendly AI behaves using battalion level orders, I find I'm always tempted to micro-manage at the company level so I need to learn to trust the AI a bit more before I jump into the Westwall scenarios.