Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Any way to buy Game Module rules and Scenarios booklets as pdf or ebook ?

Wiggum

Hi !

I recently got interested in the Lock 'n Load Tactical Series. I played the Demo using Vassal and it was much fun. Now as i only play solo and have little kids and cats at home i just cant setup a gaming table with all those little pieces.
I really enjoy playing on the PC using Vassal and its awesome that the modules are available for Vassal.
Whats missing is of course the Game Module rules and Scenarios booklets.

Now i could just buy the modules but i have no use for the actual boardgame since i only play via Vassal on my PC.

Is there any way to buy the Game Module rules and Scenarios booklets separately, maybe as pdf or ebook ?
I can understand that there are copyright concerns but as far as i know there are copy protected ebooks on amazon for example.

Thanks !

Rydo

Hi !

I recently got interested in the Lock 'n Load Tactical Series. I played the Demo using Vassal and it was much fun. Now as i only play solo and have little kids and cats at home i just cant setup a gaming table with all those little pieces.
I really enjoy playing on the PC using Vassal and its awesome that the modules are available for Vassal.
Whats missing is of course the Game Module rules and Scenarios booklets.

Now i could just buy the modules but i have no use for the actual boardgame since i only play via Vassal on my PC.

Is there any way to buy the Game Module rules and Scenarios booklets separately, maybe as pdf or ebook ?
I can understand that there are copyright concerns but as far as i know there are copy protected ebooks on amazon for example.

Thanks !
Back in the old days, the first game "Forgotten Heroes" and its expansion "Anzac Attack" were avaible for purchase as pdf ( living in europe and back in the days shippings were a death sentence and it is only thanks to those pdf files if i'm into Ln'L ) but i think the thing never reached an interest big enought to justify the whole franchise as pdf avaible.

I doubt they are not making this for the fear of piracy but because of the costs to create and mantain an online server to host those files that only few will purchase. At least this is what i think.

I'm not against the idea of beign able to get those Ln'L games as pdf but i'm not seeing this happening in the future if ever.

I got their new edition of Heroes against the red star and the quality of components is so high that i would have got the rest of their games just for that but money allowance isn't infinite :)

Give the physical copies a go, you can even introduce your kids one day, don't make yourself be stopped by your cats and teach them too how to play :)

What do you think?

Wiggum

I doubt they are not making this for the fear of piracy but because of the costs to create and mantain an online server to host those files that only few will purchase. At least this is what i think.

Hi !

I think the costs to create and mantain an online server to host those files cant be the reason since they already host many pdf files, some 30-40MB in size.

I'm in Germany and shipping cost would kill me, otherwise i would have bought at least 2 L'nL Tactical Games already during the current sale.
I found one store in Germany who sells via the internet but at a much higher prize and the shop does not have the modules i want, there is nothing available on ebay.

The thing is, i play one turn per day mostly since i dont have that much time and there is no way i could setup the table somewhere "safe" for so many days...also my wife dislikes the idea of me having my own gaming room in our flat :(

VASSAL is perfect for me, it would be the perfect way to play and enjoy L'nL Tactical.

Rydo

Hi !

I think the costs to create and mantain an online server to host those files cant be the reason since they already host many pdf files, some 30-40MB in size.

I'm in Germany and shipping cost would kill me, otherwise i would have bought at least 2 L'nL Tactical Games already during the current sale.
I found one store in Germany who sells via the internet but at a much higher prize and the shop does not have the modules i want, there is nothing available on ebay.
Yes, i understand you. When Ln'L reprinted all modules i was thinking on biting the bullet and get them all, then i looked at the shippings ( i'm in Italy so i totally undserstand ) and at the end i got only the WW3 one. Your luck is that Ln'L ship in europe trought a UK retailer so you will avoid customs.

The thing is, i play one turn per day mostly since i dont have that much time and there is no way i could setup the table somewhere "safe" for so many days...also my wife dislikes the idea of me having my own gaming room in our flat :(
I can understand not having a whole room devoted to gaming but at least having your spaces, i mean...well its better for me to not touch that topic, also i think i can't understand cause i'm living alone and without animals so i can set up games that can last for months. I guess this is the "burden" of having a whole family+animals :)

I don't know how you guys can live that way, you must have the world best patience and love ever :)

VASSAL is perfect for me, it would be the perfect way to play and enjoy L'nL Tactical.
In my previous post it was implied that you would have got the physical games and play them on vassal, as a form of anti-piracy policy. This hobby, as any other hobby isn't cheap sadly for our wallets :(

My advice is to get in touch with other german Ln'L players ( i once known one ) and play with them on vassal, this way you do not require the games if they already have them.

May your gaming journey proceed well! :happy:

Wiggum

Your luck is that Ln'L ship in europe trought a UK retailer so you will avoid customs.

Then why is it that if i select the middle of London, UK, as the destination for the shipping i pay nearly the same amount of money then shipping to the south of Germany ?
If they would send it from the UK, sending it to somewhere in mainland UK should be cheaper.

Rydo

Then why is it that if i select the middle of London, UK, as the destination for the shipping i pay nearly the same amount of money then shipping to the south of Germany ?
If they would send it from the UK, sending it to somewhere in mainland UK should be cheaper.
I have not said that they ship from the UK but that they use a UK third party shop that receive the package and send it to you.

You are purchasing from Ln'L directly in the USA and at some point, when the package is in europe it gets shipped from the UK, that way we in europe will not have to pay customs.

Do you have customs in germany? We have them in Italy.

The shippings are costly because the game is very heavy, trust me, it weight more than 3kg and if you now something about shippings you know that after 1kg you're gonna pay a lot.

Just to say that, in italy shipping to germany a package more than 2,5 kg is 35 euros. Thats life :)

Wiggum

Thanks !

Just to say that, in italy shipping to germany a package more than 2,5 kg is 35 euros. Thats life :)

I just looked it up and for that amount of money i could ship 20 kg from Germany to Italy :D

Last edited: