Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Anyone interested in a Scenario Results Archive?

Ty Snouffer

Folks

I'm kickin' around the idea of starting a Scenario Results Archive (SRA) for Heroes of Normandy. The SRA would be a place for LnLT players to submit the outcomes of their scenario play and for me to compile the results.

The core of the SRA would be a simple W/L ratio for each side as reported by players. The additional details submitted would be compiled as well although it would be simple info like the ending turn # or if/when reinforcements showed up or if the scenario was played solo or hth.

Sample Core Entry
Rebecca, Can You See Me? Americans/Germans 3/2 (60%/40%)

or something like that . . .

With a little positive encouragement I can give this a go perhaps posting in the AAR section of the forum. Otherwise, the idea can wither in the vine saving me some work. :)

Cheers

Ty

Todd

Would it be possible to make it for all games in the series?
Perhaps a short text field so players could make notes of something unusual that affected the result.

Anyway, sounds like a cool idea.

Ty Snouffer

Would it be possible to make it for all games in the series?
For sure, but I was thinking:

1) Given the number of scenarios across 9+ games it might be unwieldy to do them all together.
2) Would be great for some others to perhaps manage the other collections. You want to do HoP?:)

Todd

How were you building it? You don't want to manage it I assume.?

I was thinking of the ASL RoaR database but that is all beyond me.

Ty Snouffer

I was thinking along the lines of something pretty simple. A forum thread per game, players submit their results in the thread, the manager of the list keeps it updated by editing the original post.

I ain't programming anything . . . :)

Rydo

I was thinking along the lines of something pretty simple. A forum thread per game, players submit their results in the thread, the manager of the list keeps it updated by editing the original post.

I ain't programming anything . . . :)

Or maybe one could create a document in excell and then post it in a thread.

Then other users can download it and repost it with their results.

For example, you start the thread about Forgotten Heroes.

The first post will be like " Hi guys...bla...bla...and here is the starting document. To contribute at the list simply download the file and repost here with the uploaded modified document. Document version 1.0.0".

Then i'll watch the thread, take the document and update it then reupload it with a text like this " Updated 1.0.1 version." Plus the uploaded document for everyone to download.

What do you think?

Don't hate me please for the exchange words we had in another thread, i wasn't meant to disrespect you.

Regards.