Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Armor Attack Question

Jack Ruetty

In the digital game had the following situation.

My USA tank fired at German Stug. Hull hit and the AV and DV were equal. Morale Check which tank failed and marked Abandoned. Everything good so far. Now my question. Crew abandons the tank and is marked Shaken. There were two subsequent MG attacks made from my tank. Should these attacks effected the German crew? The shaken crew is not placed on the map until after I end my impulse (so after the MG attacks) which is why they are not affected by the MG fire. Not sure of the sequence here. Is the MG fire part of the fire that shakes the tank and does not effect the crew or is the tank shaken solely by the AP fire and the crew abandons immediately only to be greeted with MG fire. It should be noted that the Stug was not buttoned.

Don't want to bother Tom with this if it is correct. Thanks for any help.

Jack

Barthheart

Staff member
You should be able to shoot the crew with your MGs... if you are evil... that's what they are for.
The crew should be placed immediately after the tank is abandoned, and then your MGs can shoot at them... again if you are evil... ;)

Jack Ruetty

Well don't think I am really evil (my wife might think differently sometimes) but that is what I thought should happen :). Interesting, because a couple days ago I posted that I was getting tanks firing their main weapon at one hex, achieving a kill, but than using their MGs on a second hex. Again in the digital game. Not sure if this is a different situation with the Abandoned tank as opposed to the Destroyed tank or if Tom fixed the problem from a couple of days ago and this is a by product of it. Destroyed tanks do not produce a lot of crews that survive. Most are eliminated.

Thanks for the help
Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
One thing LNLT Digital does not allow (yet :)) is choosing between firing your main gun or your MG first. Personnaly, against an unbuttonned vejhicle, I like to fire the MG first. This way, if I shake it, I can still fire the main gun at it. The reverse is not true

Jack Ruetty

Stephane, just to be sure, Barthheart is correct right?. The crew should have been immediately placed on the map when the tank was abandoned and than received fire from the tank's MGs. And the same would be true if a crew survives fire that destroyed their tank.