Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Armour types 1985

Most of the various screenshots I've seen of this game show bucket loads of T-80's everywhere.
Considering the timeframe is 1985 T-80 numbers were still fairly low in GSFG

Of the two premium formations in GSFG namely 3rd Shock (facing the Brits and I GE Corps) and 8th Gds (facing V US Corps), one, the 3rd Shock was entirely composed of T-64A & B (mainly A) and the 4 divisions of 8th Gds had just over 50% T-80 with the rest equipped with T-62's.

I have seen the odd screenshot showing T-72's which at this time were only equipping Central Group Forces in Czechoslovakia and WP allies.

Here is a link to the Conventional Forces Treaty of 1985 which shows the equipment TO & E of Soviet forces

http://www.ww2.dk/new/army/Equipment 1.12.85.htm

BobD62

Thanks for the info, Mark.

I know this one is hypothetical, but it should be founded on realistic possibilities. If this series is going to be as expensive as suggested on this website, but then is going to be as silly as the Dunkirk scenario you described in NAW, then I will save my money. MBT is only £70, and the modules about £50: much more complex, I realise, but at least believable.