Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Armour value

SamuraiN

I propose to make a new system for amour, and anti-armour value. Current system seems to be a multiplication of penetration value and number of vehicles (maybe plus RoF). Now, a company of American SPAAs can have high anti-armour value because their 37mm guns have some penetration, which multiplied by their high numbers gives a rather high value, whereas a few heavy tanks have a low value because of low numbers.

For anti-armour, the value can be based on the number of types of enemy AFVs that the the anti-armour fire by the unit can penetrate (at a reasonable distance), with a log function. Others remain the same.

For armour, the value can be based on a weighted average of different sides of the AFV that cannot be penetrated by the number of types of enemy anti-armour units, at a reasonable distance.

And I volunteer for this work, under the supervision of the creator team.

I propose to make a new system for amour, and anti-armour value. Current system seems to be a multiplication of penetration value and number of vehicles (maybe plus RoF). Now, a company of American SPAAs can have high anti-armour value because their 37mm guns have some penetration, which multiplied by their high numbers gives a rather high value, whereas a few heavy tanks have a low value because of low numbers.

For anti-armour, the value can be based on the number of types of enemy AFVs that the the anti-armour fire by the unit can penetrate (at a reasonable distance), with a log function. Others remain the same.

For armour, the value can be based on a weighted average of different sides of the AFV that cannot be penetrated by the number of types of enemy anti-armour units, at a reasonable distance.

And I volunteer for this work, under the supervision of the creator team.
You might review the information on the Performance Tab in the Estab Editor manual. Though it doesn't give you the algorithms used to calculate armor and anti-armor capabilities, it provides insight into the parameters used to make the calculations.