Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Arty Options

GoodGuy

Wiggum said:
Are there any improvements for the artillery code planed before you move the core to final ?

Is it possible to
  • let the bombardment units default to ignore friendly units (= less clicking than the other way around), since the enemy AI is often pretty aggresive and seems to love to jump in the player units' faces, and to
  • let bombardment units memorize the last selection (ie. settings for ROF [rof has an effect, right?], ammo consumptions and losses [when partially suppressed/under fire, IF the latter has an effect during a bombard mission] )
before moving to final?

Last edited:

GoodGuy

Anything is possible Good Guy. Please raise this in the Feature Requests subForum.

Yes Sir, will do.
But I edited my post, as I didn't expect you to read it seconds after I posted it :). I expanded the question and asked if you could add the feature "before moving to final?"

EdJaws

• let the bombardment units default to ignore friendly units (= less clicking than the other way around), since the enemy AI is often pretty aggresive and seems to love to jump in the player units' faces, and to
  • let bombardment units memorize the last selection (ie. settings for ROF [rof has an effect, right?], ammo consumptions and losses [when partially suppressed/under fire, IF the latter has an effect during a bombard mission] )
I don't think I'd like #1 - default to ignore friendly units, as I'm seldom in that situation. Perhaps I don't play as aggressively as you, but I think it would be count-intuative to default bombard your own units. Most of the time, on defense, I'm in good position to do just that.

#2 is a good idea. I'd go so far as to suggest the Edit Tasks dialog should "remember" all their settings for every unit throughout the scenario if that's even possible.

Just my opinion.

Ed

Daz

Yes number 2 would be great.
I don't like number 1 idea at all though, sorry.

GoodGuy

Yes number 2 would be great.
I don't like number 1 idea at all though, sorry.

Well, an option to switch it to the User's liking (like inverting the mouse wheel zoom) in the general game options would satisfy both groups (others have requested a reverse default in another thread, too), right?

Kurt

Well, an option to switch it to the User's liking (like inverting the mouse wheel zoom) in the general game options would satisfy both groups (others have requested a reverse default in another thread, too), right?
I like that idea very much GoodGuy , I tend to use arty aggressively and dont mind a few friendly casualties .