Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Arty Suspended resupply

Hammer757

In the Greyhound Dash scenario, playing Allies. One artillery unit, 275 Arm Fwd Arty Bn, is never resupplied. The only difference I see between it and the other artillery pieces is that its supply base is “CCA 7 Arm Div Base”. It is the only FA supplied by this base. The rest of the arty is supplied by the 18th Airborne Corps Base

In the unit log I see Resupply Requested, Resupply On Way, and Resupply Wiped Out, on more Resupply Request and at D20046, a Resupply Suspended. The unit itself takes no losses.

The base was originally located in Manhay which suffers from an attack and relocates to another part of the map. Currently (D30822) the supply line between 275 and Base is green. The base ammo stocks are high but personnel is at 49% and the equipment is at 38%. I’m assuming this is the reason 275 will not resupply.

Base started a retreat at D20010 and halted in the current location at D20246, since then has not been under fire and been resupplied itself.

It seems that the 275 needs to request supply again but it never does.

I searched the forum and have seen reference to stuck "Resupply Suspended" is this a done deal or is there a way to get this unit resupplied?

Tanks!

Daz

I think the problem where supply will not re-start after it has been suspended, has not been resolved yet.
Here is the relevant link to the topic:
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/supply-problem.1889/

Its very hard for a player to come up with a save for this problem, that Dave can work on, because it needs a save before the suspension takes place.
The gap between discovering the units is not being supplied and the initial cause of the suspension is huge in terms of game time.
Also setting up the right environment for it to reoccur reliably is also extremely hard for the player because you need a scenario where;
  1. A unit requests supply.
  2. Supply is cut to the unit and the convoy is wiped out.
  3. The unit then moves at least 500m.
  4. A clear supply line is re-established to the unit. (not always easy to tell when playing)
  5. At least 48 hours pass with no request for supply from the unit.
  6. You saved the game before all this takes place.

Maybe some of the Beta testers could have a crack at replicating the problem with their all seeing interface?

Last edited:

Hammer757

Thanks for the explanation Daz! I will look at my saves and see if there is one close to the suspension.
Happy New Year