Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Asking Question about Game Play

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi everyone. Welcome to CO2.

If you have a question about game play can you please first check to see if a thread on the subject has already been raised and if so add your comments or further points there. If not, then please raise a new thread with a title that starts with the acronym GPQ (short for game play question). Please ask your question clearly and remember a picture tells a thousand words.

I'll endeavour to get back to you as soon as I can.

Konrad_Novak

What do recon units do? Do they have some kind of bonus to sighting\reliability of intel or are they really just another line units?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
What do recon units do? Do they have some kind of bonus to sighting\reliability of intel or are they really just another line units?
Konrad,

Welcome. Would you please be so kind as to create a new thread for your question along the lines I described in the first post above. I will get to it then. This way it won't get lost and other users can benefit from it. Thanks.

BigDuke66

Not really gameplay related but what are these 2 bat files are there for?
BuildAllMapCaches.bat
RecalcAllTerrainTables.bat

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
These are batch files in that they will run a small script on all files within the game directory. The first one will generate map caches for all the map files. So if you change or create some new maps you can run this script and come back after a cup of coffee and they may all be done for you. The second one recalculates the terrain tables in your maps. So if you change the layer data for swamps for instance in all your maps then you will need to recalc the terrain tables for each of them. This allows you to do so for all maps in one go.

Most players will never touch these. They are primarily for modders and scenario designers.

Captiva

I've noticed that the elevation contours are lighter towards the top of mountains when playing a scenario with snow, however, they are darker at higher elevations when playing a scenario with no snow.

Is this intended? It was a little confusing for me to switch between the two methods of showing higher elevation contours.

Thank you

p.s. Any 3d maps coming for CO2?

I've noticed that the elevation contours are lighter towards the top of mountains when playing a scenario with snow, however, they are darker at higher elevations when playing a scenario with no snow.

Is this intended? It was a little confusing for me to switch between the two methods of showing higher elevation contours.

Thank you

p.s. Any 3d maps coming for CO2?
The tones are working as intended.

They are used to show ground conditions (clear, mud , snow) that affect movement in addition to the altitude of the contour..

There is another set of tones designed to show lighting / visibility conditions.

There has been discussion of providing 3d maps, but the implementation would require a significant rewriting of the game code to adopt a more robust graphics capability.