Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Assault Move & Fire Question

gashlycrumb

6.1 Assault Movement
"and subsequently fire in the same or in a later enemy impulse, including to OF...The units need not fire in the same impulse that they originally moved but can be activated again later to fire or engage in OF if the appropriate situation arises."

Hello, after re-reading the section on Assault Movement (AM), I'm not sure that I have been playing AM correctly. I have been playing that if a unit AMs and doesn't fire in the same impulse, then it can only fire in a subsequent impulse (enemy impulse) to Op Fire.

Is the following also correct:
UK Impulse 1 - Unit A is activated and Assault Moves, but doesn't fire in (Marked with AM)
GE Impulse 1 - Enemy unit B fires and is spotted
UK Impulse 2 - Unit A is activated and Fires at unit B (Marked with AM and Fired)

Thanks

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
A unit that Assault Moves is not limited to just Op Fire, it can fire at any unit(s) that are in its LOS and Range in a future impulse. Your example above is correct. Don't forget the AM penalty when firing.