Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Assault movement in the Ln'L serie!

Rydo

Hello all Ln'L family, i was wondering this:

What type of tactict represent the Assault Movement of Ln'L in real life?

Also, what rule do Ln'L follow in order to give a squad the AM?

Example: The NVA squads from Forgotten heroes/'Nam heroes are AM capable, the Argentine Conscripts and Marines from A ring of hills/Falklands heroes are not.

Just out of curiosity.

Thank you if i'll ever receive answers.

warrafael

IMHO, probable it simply represents firing and moving at the same time. You can't be very precise firing and moving simultaneously, hence the -2 modifier to firing. Probably it requires better trained troops and not conscripts. Conscripts would either fire from prepared positions or run like devils when changing positions.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Rydo

IMHO, probable it simply represents firing and moving at the same time. You can't be very precise firing and moving simultaneously, hence the -2 modifier to firing. Probably it requires better trained troops and not conscripts. Conscripts would either fire from prepared positions or run like devils when changing positions.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

:D Thank you for this!

Rydo

It's based on training and elan of the units.

What is "elan"?

BTW thank you for the answer.

OP: I noticed, in my ignorance, that you are one of the leaders from Noville! I always tought it was Tom Hanks! Sorry Mr. Lewis, don't hate me!

Whiterook

Website
www.militarywargaming.com
What is "elan"?

BTW thank you for the answer.

OP: I noticed, in my ignorance, that you are one of the leaders from Noville! I always tought it was Tom Hanks! Sorry Mr. Lewis, don't hate me!

'Elan' is a units' spirit and gusto with how they act and react. Another way to say it would be, their high energy and style with how they comport themselves.

Warrafael and Jeff explained it perfectly, in my opinion. When playing the game and using assault movement, I always feel of it, that my troops need to move (for whatever reason, whether to gain better position or get out of a hot spot, for instance) and; need to put a little hurt out there by hurling some bullets (for whatever reason, such as pressure the enemy to think hard before they encroach on my position; or try and weaken them by pinning...or taking out a unit or two, for instance).

Warrafael's comment on the negative modifiers is crucial: AM isa really hoping good things happen for you, but at a cost... it truly (to me) represents how you as a soldier, can most definitely benefit in accuracy of you're not moving; but once you get your a$$ moving, a lot of things start happening will affect your accuracy and bearing.

Rydo

'Elan' is a units' spirit and gusto with how they act and react. Another way to say it would be, their high energy and style with how they comport themselves.

Warrafael and Jeff explained it perfectly, in my opinion. When playing the game and using assault movement, I always feel of it, that my troops need to move (for whatever reason, whether to gain better position or get out of a hot spot, for instance) and; need to put a little hurt out there by hurling some bullets (for whatever reason, such as pressure the enemy to think hard before they encroach on my position; or try and weaken them by pinning...or taking out a unit or two, for instance).

Warrafael's comment on the negative modifiers is crucial: AM isa really hoping good things happen for you, but at a cost... it truly (to me) represents how you as a soldier, can most definitely benefit in accuracy of you're not moving; but once you get your a$$ moving, a lot of things start happening will affect your accuracy and bearing.

Very interesting. This helps me better understand the rule for my personal projects about Ln'L. Now thanks to all of you i can understand why and who need to have AM in Ln'L.

At first i tought it was only a game feature, now i can look more deeper into it and see it as a quality that only some units possess.

Thank you for let me see trought your point of view!

Rydo

Lol... Jeff did I miss you so much ? :p
I'm Sorry Master :( , it was not to say that you miss his likenesses but i said that only because i've never saw Mr. Lewis face in a photo so i tought it was Cpt.Miller from Save private ryan :) :)

BTW now that i see your counter i had a blast from the past, i remember your heroic actions in Heroes of the Blitz ;)

Mitch Kelloff

Going back to the question of what is elan. In my experience elan is the ability to close with and destroy the enemy at close quarters with a cold blooded single mindness