Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

ATGM and Aistrike questions

Stefano G.

Hello,:cool:
i have some questions i would like were definitively solved :

1) interrupting Opp.fire against ATGM attack:
can this "interrupting Opp.fire" against ATGM attack ONLY against ATGM or can it be used against ALL units in the same Hex of ATGM?
e.g.:
  • 2 soviet Squads and an ATGM WT are, unspotted, in a forest hex,
  • soviet player declares that ATGM WT is going to perform an ATGM attack,
  • According to 13.94.3 rule, any elegible american enemy unit could now perform an interrupting Opp.fire against ATGM attack BUT, are the 2 soviet squads attacked by this "interrupting Opp.fire" too?

2) Rule states that ATGM can not fired by Assault Moved units (or in a later impulse, as Opp.fire) but can flying helicopter fire its ATGMs as Opp.Fire? (choppers do not have "Assault move")

3) Airtstrike:
Airstrike does not add +2 modifier for adjacency, but is it also true for enemy AA gun fire against adjacent Airstrike?

4) Is there adjacency between units on "Upper Level" of building and near hex but outside-building ground level enemy units?

Thank You for your help :)

Last edited:

Barthheart

Staff member
1. I believe it affects the ATGM only. I seem to remember that from a conversation with Mark a long while ago.
2. No, ehlicopters can't Op fire ATGM's.
3. No adjacency for AA against airstrike.
4. No adjacency between units on upper floor and units on ground outside building.

Stefano G.

1. I believe it affects the ATGM only. I seem to remember that from a conversation with Mark a long while ago.
2. No, ehlicopters can't Op fire ATGM's.
3. No adjacency for AA against airstrike.
4. No adjacency between units on upper floor and units on ground outside building.

Thank you :),
but regarding point 2, rule states that Assault Moved units can not fire ATGM (in the same or later impulse) but Helicopter do not use Assault Move, so it's not so much clear for me the reason for helicopter can not fire ATGM as Opp. Fire...where is written that they can not? :bookworm:

About no-adjacency betwen different level hexes (upper floor and ground outside building), is it true for Hill Hex and level "0" ground Hex too?...i.e. units on level 1 Hill hex are adjacent to units on ground level "0"? (i also suppose that these observations are true for Leadership range too, aren' t they?)...BTW, it would be very useful to add this in next HotP Rulebook.:rolleyes:

Barthheart

Staff member
Yeah, I can't find it in the rule book either but I think it was a general rule that ATGM's couldn't Op fire because it's not a quick fire type weapon. You really need to line up your target to hit with an ATGM and snap shooting at something that just appeared into your view just doesn't feel right.

No it's not the same for a hill hex. The reason it works for a building is that there is really 2 hexes in multi-story building hex, upper and lower. In a hill hex there is only the one level.

I'm not completely sure how leadership range is affected but I would guess it is.