Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

ATGM and OP fire. HATRS

Starman

The rules state that any enemy unit that uses the DFT can OP fire on the ATGM unit would that include u its that have moved and not Fired.

They do not state eligible units, was this deleribate? I ask because it was standard practice to watch for ATGM launch and be prepared to suppress its operators e.g. Sagger watch, especially if you were the likely target.

I have a BTR70 that has moved but is about to be fired on by a LAW.

I could use the beta rules but was interested in Jeff's view or anyone else's.

Note:- I am using the Solo system and it doesn't really account for Assault Move or the beta Assault Fire.

I believe the Move Stance Tables could/should be expanded into a flowchart to utilise AM/AF and be ATGM aware.

Barthheart

Staff member
That seems like a typo or forgotten requirement. The original version only eligible units ie not having acted that turn yet could fire.

Not sure, but your third statement is confusing... LAWs are not ATGMs....

Starman

That seems like a typo or forgotten requirement. The original version only eligible units ie not having acted that turn yet could fire.

Not sure, but your third statement is confusing... LAWs are not ATGMs....
Thanks , Yes I know LAWs are unguided, I had a dumb moment and confused the Red H and red letters for HEAT with ATGM. I should know better but how does someone who doesn't differentiate between ATGM's and non guided HEAT weapons.

I believe this needs spelling out somehow , I would have gone for red box HE equiv but unfortunately most of the WT ATGMs don't have that on their counter. It would have been easier if they had and then the number on the front could have been a depletion only number or even put the Redbox on the front as well to depict ATGM HE.

Last edited: