Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Attachment Question

Rake

Hello All,

I'm relatively new to the game. I have the Matrix version of CO, but I never really got the concept down and just never played it much. I've decided to give CO2 a go, and as part of that, I've been trying to follow along with Daz's St. Vith AAR.

My problem has arisen when I attempt to group A Coy 24 Armored Engineers and the Assault Gun platoon from 51st Armored Infantry. I have tried the different ways of group-selecting both units (windowing, ctrl-clicking, etc.) but no matter what I've tried, when I give the "rest" order, it will only be applied to the engineers. I have to go back, re-select the AG platoon and give it a separate rest order.

I tried running the game, thinking that the attachment might occur after the orders were passed down. Here's a pic of my OOB after 30 minutes (0630):

How do I get the AG platoon attached to the engineers as Daz has it in his AAR?

Thanks in advance,
Rake

DerGrenadier

I think first you select the unit that should be in command (in your case the engineer unit), then you hold CTRL and then you select the AG Platoon that is to be attached, while holding CTRL.

Daz

Hi Rake
Glad you are finding the tutorial useful :)

Like Dave said it doesn't matter what order you select them in, the AI will choose the unit that is placed in command.

CO2-Group-units.jpg

Last edited:

Rake

Thanks all... I have no idea what was going on before. Daz's instructions are exactly what I was doing except that I clicked on the location of the engineer unit. I just tried it following the step-by-step instructions and... WAD. I tried it again exactly the way I had tried multiple times before and, again it WAD.

I'm filing this under MCS*

I'm having another issue which I'm trying to work out... if I can't figure it out, I'll post in another thread.

Thanks all,
Rake

*Mysterious Computer $h!te :banghead:

Rake

Dave,
Lassoing (or windowing) was the other way that I tried... I have no clue why this wasn't working before because I tried getting the engineers to take command of the assault guns several times. They would both be highlighted, but only the engineers received the order.

Like I said, MCS :eek:

Daz

Something I forgot to mention.
If you include a HQ in your selection, it will also add all of its current subordinates to the order.
If that's not what you wanted, you need to remove all of its subordinates to another command first.