Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Attacking Supply Units.

Is it worth attacking (either directly or with artillery/air) those supply HQ units (the ones with the half filled circles). I assume it is, but I have not really noticed much effect on other enemy units when doing so.

Kurt

Yes . They are supply conduits , so all the food , fuel and ammo enemy units need passes through them . They also hold considerable stocks ( if they are American ) and should be attacked with maximum violence . Forcing them to retreat causes them to abandon half their current stocks . The affects on enemy units is not immediate as they have sufficient stores to hand , also if they loose their in-line supply base then they automatically source an alternative one . In short scenarios of two days or less the disruption caused to enemy supply is not as great as in longer scraps . I personally get excited when I spot an enemy base and usually target it with all available artillery until it retreats . Destroying an enemy base is always a cause for celebration .:singing:

simovitch

It will take at least 3-4 days of game time to notice any real effect since the units will normally carry 2-3 days supply into the field. Even so, if a unit loses it's organic supply base from combat, it will start drawing from another base (which will start to over-tax that base)