Attacking Supply Units.

Discussion in 'Command Ops Series' started by Jeffrey Robertson, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Jeffrey Robertson

Is it worth attacking (either directly or with artillery/air) those supply HQ units (the ones with the half filled circles). I assume it is, but I have not really noticed much effect on other enemy units when doing so.

2. Kurt

Kurt Member

Yes . They are supply conduits , so all the food , fuel and ammo enemy units need passes through them . They also hold considerable stocks ( if they are American ) and should be attacked with maximum violence . Forcing them to retreat causes them to abandon half their current stocks . The affects on enemy units is not immediate as they have sufficient stores to hand , also if they loose their in-line supply base then they automatically source an alternative one . In short scenarios of two days or less the disruption caused to enemy supply is not as great as in longer scraps . I personally get excited when I spot an enemy base and usually target it with all available artillery until it retreats . Destroying an enemy base is always a cause for celebration .:singing:

3. simovitch

simovitch Member

It will take at least 3-4 days of game time to notice any real effect since the units will normally carry 2-3 days supply into the field. Even so, if a unit loses it's organic supply base from combat, it will start drawing from another base (which will start to over-tax that base)