Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

ATZ Fade to Black

funfungiguy

The Charge Into Melee test (Table 8.2) is incomplete. All it lists is the modifiers to the roll, and not the actual roll results.

This is on both the PDF and the physical cards.

How am I supposed to play this game using Melee now?

funfungiguy

Can you please look into my issues with how this game was printed and shipped?

Charging Into Melee is an necessary part of this game, not only because Stars (PCs) can freely choose to do so, but because the mechanics of the game are designed to occasionally force Grunts (NPCs) to do it.

Table 8.2 as printed on the "Player Aid Cards" (which aren't really there to "aid" you since they are completely required to play this game as the tables aren't actually posted in the rule book itself), is used the settle Charging Into Melee, but it wasn't printed correctly. So the Charge Into Melee test can't be done, even though the mechanics of the game often require it.

Until this gets resolved, this game is unplayable. We need to get this situation resolved, and until then I'd advise anyone that hasn't bought it yet not to. Don't buy the game; it's currently unplayable. It's not a nit-pick issue, it literally an issue of this game was shipped out with a glaring error which makes the game unplayable.

I won't even address how frustrating this whole thing is.

funfungiguy

Yeah, okay. I guess I'll start printing off friggin' ERRATA pages and start stuffing them in the finished product book I paid for!!!

Meanwhile you gonna continue to sell the final product to people assuming they figure to look into the forums, or what?

I literally had $50 set aside for this game and the Nowhere Nevada, held off on other games (including some kickstarters I was interested in), so that I can wait for a finished product that I can start downloading errata pages for...

This company...

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hey,

I didn't say are not going to update book or replace it for you This book was checked by three people including the designer. We made a mistake and we own it. As soon as I read your post, we had our graphics guy, and Ed review the issue, Ed corrected it, and we provided this Errata PDF here so you could access here ASAP and not wait for another book. We fully plan to replace the book (open a support ticket) and the Book and PDF have already been updated.

Errors are going to happen; we stand behind our work ok.

David

Ed the THW Guy

Just Play the Game!
Website
twohourwargames.com
The Charge Into Melee test (Table 8.2) is incomplete. All it lists is the modifiers to the roll, and not the actual roll results.

This is on both the PDF and the physical cards.

How am I supposed to play this game using Melee now?

Posting this here as well.
Hi Scott,
The updated version has been changed to this:

8.2.1 HOW TO CHARGE INTO MELEE
Here’s how the Charge into Melee Test is taken:
• Move the charger to 1” from the target.
After the test is resolved, the charger is
moved into base to base contact with
the target.
• Each figure involved in the charge rolls
its own d6. If charged by more than
one charger, apply the target results to
both chargers, taking the worse result.
• If the target is allowed one shot on each
target he can only fire one shot on the
target he chooses.
• Each figure starts with 2d6 and
modifies the number by any applicable
circumstances.
• All figures roll the modified total of d6
and compare the scores against their
Rep.
• Determine how many d6 are passed for
each figure.
If the Charger passes more d6 than the Target, it enters melee and the Target cannot fire.
• Otherwise, the Target fires at full Target Rating. (This was changed to speed game play.)

• Immediately carry out the results.

Example – A Ganger (Rep 4) activates and
moves 3” forward into sight of a Citizen (Rep
3). An In Sight is taken and the Ganger wins.
He declares a charge and both figures take the
Charge into Melee Test.

Ganger rolls 2d6 versus its Rep and passes 2d6.
The Citizen rolls 1d6 versus its Rep and passes
1d6. As the charging Ganger passed more d6,
the Citizen cannot fire and the
Ganger is moved into contact.
So the modifiers stay, but now you can fire full target Rating or not at all.

Ed the THW Guy

Just Play the Game!
Website
twohourwargames.com
Yeah, okay. I guess I'll start printing off friggin' ERRATA pages and start stuffing them in the finished product book I paid for!!!

Meanwhile you gonna continue to sell the final product to people assuming they figure to look into the forums, or what?

I literally had $50 set aside for this game and the Nowhere Nevada, held off on other games (including some kickstarters I was interested in), so that I can wait for a finished product that I can start downloading errata pages for...

This company...
I remember you from the 2 Hour Forum from last year. No worries, man, David will make things right, he always does.One difference between Final Fade Out, that you have, and Fade to Black - the LnL version is the streamlining of shooting when being charged - it's now the whole Target Rating or nothing. Sorry for the confusion.

David,

Please review my support ticket [#BBHXBFL] All Things Zombie: Fade To Black order when you get a chance. I think there may have been a miscommunication somewhere. ;-)