Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Bailout Check Question

Jack Ruetty

I think I have been misinterpreting what a Bailout Check is and more importantly who and when it is applied.

Is the following correct?

1. If a crew is forced to leave a destroyed vehicle as the result of an OFT attack it survives only on a single dice roll of 1.

2. If a crew is forced to leave a destroyed vehicle as the result of an DFT attack it survives on a single dice roll of 2, 4, or 6.

3. Passengers always survive on a single dice roll of 2, 4, or 6 (never are faced with survival depending on a single dice roll of 1).

A Bailout Check than is the concept of rolling one dice and surviving on an even roll?

Where I think I was screwed up was somehow lumping the Bailout Check with the survival only on a single dice roll of 1 check.

Thanks for any help
Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
You are right on every case you mentionned above.

The rules for these checks were all over the place and, often times, contradicting; that is why I came up with the table that can be found on LnLT PAC 09.

Jack Ruetty

I actually was looking at the first paragraph in section 15.4 and was confused with the wording. Than went to PAC 09 and was beginning to see I was looking at this wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
15.4 is confusing because of a copy-paste error that duplicated the following sentence at the beginning of the second paragraph:

Roll 1d6: if the result is 1, place a GO
Crew under the Wreck and mark it with a
Moved marker; for any other result, eliminate
the Crew along with their vehicle

:)