Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Band of Heroes

Jack Ruetty

Any news on the game Band of Heroes. It was being redone at one time. Have been gone for a while. I can find nothing about it. Thanks for any information.
Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
In october 2013, I invested 250$ USD in the new edition of Band of Heroes Normandy (from the I Want This Game website). This included the privilege of appearing as one of the infantry leader (as well as a bunch of extra scenarios). So I'm wondering what does having the counters at production exactly means ? Should I worry ?

Stefano G.

Hello David,
i also invested in BoH:Normandy Project: i funded it for Exclusive Module ($90) and Basic Level Module ($65).
I do hope this Project will be completed soon :)

eciesse

no news about band of heroes. I invested 85 usd 2years ago, at least some updates would be appreciated..

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Last news (June 30) on Consimworld were the followings:

We have a designer working on the Band of Heroes Normandy (Band of Heroes and Swift & Bold) add-ons

Sure hoping I won't be forgotten when times come to do the counters :) (see my previous post in December 2014)

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Just as an update.

Band of Heroes Normandy is now called Heroes of Normandy. It will include the original Band of Heroes and Swift & the Bold. An email will be send out shorty with all the details and time line. I will say the time line will be very soon.

We know this has been a long wait and for that we are very sorry but now that everything has been coming together things have been moving pretty fast. We have released 15 products with our new production system and hope to have every LnL Tactical Series game back in stock before the end of the year.

So please keep the faith a little longer and I feel everyone should be happy with the end results.

David

Skimmed the HotP rules - look good. What little I read seems good. More clarity.

What are LnL's thoughts about future scenarios and releases for the series beyond what will be out by the end of this year?

Really glad to see that you're making progress.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Jeff Lewis really went to town updating those rules. There were a lot of unclear and missing items. When you get the game you will find the examples of play much expanded. We also went and increased the font to a larger size for older eyes. We will also be release very very soon the Lock 'n Load Tactical 1930 - 1959 Core Rule Book and Lock 'n Load Tactical 1960 - Present Core Rule Book. This will be the way we bring the series forward.

David

Cottonbaler

David and Jeff,
At one point Mark Walker was talking about a solitaire system for the BoH series. Have you given any consideration to developing such a system?

Kudos on the new rules, they look great! Many thanks to Jeff for the work he has put into this and LNL's commitment to improving and expanding the system.

Looking forward to HotP and MN.
Steve

Hi there,

Yeah, my biggest gripe with the system was the structure of the rule text (not the actual rules, just the layout) and, come to think of it, detail such as font and color scheme were hard to live with in a couple examples. Thanks so much for the improvements.

Jeff Lewis

David and Jeff,
At one point Mark Walker was talking about a solitaire system for the BoH series. Have you given any consideration to developing such a system?

Kudos on the new rules, they look great! Many thanks to Jeff for the work he has put into this and LNL's commitment to improving and expanding the system.

Looking forward to HotP and MN.
Steve

Hi Lt Flis,

Dave and I have discussed a solitaire version, but that's about it. It would take a lot of time and effort to get it right. It's not something you will see soon, but may see at some point. Getting all of the games in the system updated and in print is the current priority.

Best,
Jeff

Jeff Lewis

Hi there,

Yeah, my biggest gripe with the system was the structure of the rule text (not the actual rules, just the layout) and, come to think of it, detail such as font and color scheme were hard to live with in a couple examples. Thanks so much for the improvements.

I understand critiques about the rules' structure. I've focused more on clarifying ambiguities and updating the rules themselves with the accumulated errata and FAQ. I've altered the structure in a few places, e.g., giving Weapon Teams their own section separate from Support Weapons; adding a section about general scenario rules, defining "Control" in one place so we don't have to keep defining it in every scenario's Victory Conditions (when needed); and better organizing some of the sub-sections. Examples in the HotP rules are all HotP components; and in the new V4.1 core rules the examples are all era-specific. Plus it's all in color now. The much-maligned watermark is toast, too. In the V4.1 core sets, changes/clarifications to the rules are in a blue text font. All new rules can be used with old versions of the game.

A big change is that we are no longer using Skill Cards. Skills, of course, remain, you just place the counter under the Skill-possessing unit, and the rest of the counters go in a cup, to be drawn when a Hero is spawned. The Skill text is on a Player-Aid Card now.

I understand critiques about the rules' structure. I've focused more on clarifying ambiguities and updating the rules themselves with the accumulated errata and FAQ...

Thanks for getting back to me -- interesting stuff. I think the skill counters, among other things, is a move in the right direction. Looking forward to it.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hello Michael and all.

Now available for downloading

Lock 'n Load Tactical System 1960 - Present Core Rules Living Edition v4.1
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/res...em-1960-present-core-rules-living-edition.69/

Please review and let us know what you think. Jeff has really done a great job getting these rules perfect. Before anyone asks we are already working on the 1930 - 1959 Core Rules Living Edition v4.1 and they should be available very shortly. Yes these rules will be included in any new LnL game released.

David

Ppanzer

Hey

I have invested in band of heroes 2nd edition. Reading this topic makes a excited. Any more news on the ETA?

Greetings
Pieter