Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Base stops moving

Daz

Some of the bases are locking up during a move and refusing to continue onto their assigned location.

I think this might be because they are still trying to draw fuel from the base above them instead of their own supplies.
Even if rationing is in force, how long would you consider it reasonable for a base to pause its move order to fill up from its own supply?

More information and a save to follow when I get time.

Daz

The Beda Fomm scenario is a very unique situation compared to the usual Command Ops scenarios.
It represents an Army size formation withdrawing down a very long road, short on supplies with poor quality troops and equipment.

The whole of the Italian Army needs to move down this road to exit at the other end or to stay in contact with the exiting force, as they are being chased by the British.
The SEP where the units enter the map on day one, has dwindling supplies, as more and more troops are withdrawn from the area north of the map and by day three it is of no further use.
The Bases that in most scenarios are usually deployed near the SEP, and can remain there for the entirety of the scenario, in this scenario need to move long distances down the road in order to withdraw from the peninsula and stay within contact of their formations.

This is actually an excellently designed scenario in my opinion, but is let down by the Command Ops 2 game engine supply mechanics.
This scenario really pushes the games supply mechanics to the limit, and I'm sad to say that it has thrown up quite a few problems.

I have been back on my test scenario to try and isolate the problem with the Bases freezing up.

The below image shows one of the bases that has been given a move order to move to the bottom of the map. The order given is displayed top left of screen.
The other units on the map have been given a defend in situ order and fuel set to min supply.
I had to put other units on the map or the base is not allocated any supply at all for its depot.

The information on the right is the current state of the Base selected.
It stopped quite early on in the scenario to refuel when its fuel supply was reading 59 liters remaining.
It then moved a short distance after many hours of just sitting there, then ran out of fuel completely.
Since then it has been putting out multiple requests for fuel, that are ignored by its superior base.

As you can see the Base has plenty of fuel in its own stores, so it is still trying to draw from the base above it in the supply chain.
Beda-Fomm-D2-1933-BaseTestFrozen.jpg

Last edited:

Ripppe

Could this have something to do with the issue I've spotted where base (for example Grenadier Guards base in American all over Nijmegen scenario) just won't move with the formation no matter what I do? Or is there something underlying fundamentals that I haven't grasped yet?

Ripppe

So it was just me not understanding how to use the 'Basing' option. ;) Thank you for the clarification Dave!

Daz

That's not what is wrong in my example above though, where the base is not drawing from its own fuel supplies.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I have been working my way through this. What I have found is that the Base does a supply reassessment, determines it needs to refuel and calls TryToRefuel (). It didn't draw from its own stocks. It does now. It was also double dipping in that, as part of the TryToRefuel (), it was creating a temp defend mission while it waits for the resup. Trouble is that this invokes the plan dev code which also checks for fuel. So it can end up making two resup requests and developing the plan twice. I think this was extending the timings. I have just stopped the double dipping. Once I test it I'll let you know if that has sorted it.

Last edited: