Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Base Units leading Assaults

john connor

Dave. I'm playing with Chris Maiorana's EF estab and I see this a lot - from the AI opponent - base units in the front line. The pic shows one, from a surrender. I was wondering, is there something in the estab details for bases that could be making this happen - some parameter I can tweak? I haven't noticed it when playing with other estabs. So I'm guessing it's some detail in the estab. What would it be, so I can change it?

Cheers

Peter

27.png

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I have no idea why that's occurring without reviewing a save or a recording. Form the image I cannot tell whether it started there and the rest of the forces have pulled back under enemy pressure or whether the base unit moved forward towards the enemy and if so what prompted it. Sorry. I'm not going to be able to convert a save made with BFTB and debug it under CO2. Perhaps the best thing is to wait till we get out CO2 and then try and get this to repeat.

john connor

Thanks. No, they haven't pulled back. It's just leading the charge. I would have sent a save if I thought it worth investigation (but because I haven't seen it in any other estab but this one, I don't). All I was after was info as to whether there is a parameter you can change in the estab for a unit which might cause this behaviour - cause the code to treat it as a combat unit? Something Chris didn't know about, or overlooked. Like 'combat class' for example? Chris has that unit as a logistics type, but as a 'line' unit under combat class. Should it be instead 'base'?

Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
If it's force type is a Base unit then that should be enough to invoke the usual protocols for handling base units. I suspect that it could be a basing issue - ie it wants to be at some innapropriate loc on the other side of the enemy. That could be because of a map control issue. The good thing with the new overlays is that we can detect that sort of thing more easily now with CO2.:happy:

john connor

Well I solved it. I don't think it can have been to do with the map. There were other types of base in the estab that didn't wander like that, so I just deleted the wanderers and adapted the alternatives and used those.

john connor

The only thing I could see - aside from the size of the unit (I replaced the 'Regimental' bases with 'Army' bases and cut their strength to roughly match numbers) was what I mentioned to you. They are all type 'logistics', but their combat class was 'line' instead of 'base', whereas the Army bases were combat type base. I would like to test this by simply changing the estab but don't know enough about the estab editor. I already corrected this in the estab, and I think I got it to compile (and saved it), but it still doesn't appear corrected in the scenario estab - so there's obviously something else I need to do as well to get the scenario to use the corrected estab. BUt soon we'll be on CO2, so maybe I'll make do with the fix for now, and then send you my maps and scenarios (and Chris's estab) for conversion! Thanks!