Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Battle Generator 2.1: Victory Hexes placement

mats77

I recently bought the Battle Generator 2.1 pdf, and while reading it through I got confused how the Victory Hexes are setup for an Assualt Engagement. Chapter 11.0 says this:

"The Main or Secondary Victory Hexes can be inside the Defender’s set up area or within two hexes of it. It cannot be within two hexes of the Attacker’s set up area. Half hexes do count."

For context, this is what chapter 10.0 says about setup of units for an Assault Engagement:

"The Attacker sets up his units within the first two hex rows of the Map edge determined from the 2d6 result. The Defender then sets up his units anywhere within the playing area other than the set-up area for the Attacker."

So the Defender has the entire map to setup his/her units, except the first two hex rows. So why does the Victory Hexes placement chapter says that the Victory Hexes can be inside the Defender's setup area and within two hexes of it? I mean, there is no other choice. It's the wording of "can" that makes me unsure. Also, what does "within two hexes" mean in the context of the Defender's setup area?

Maybe I am just reading too much into those words, I think I get the meaning, I just wanted to make sure I am reading it right.

Thanks!

Edit: Title

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Have a look at 14.0 and you will see there is a wording problem in both 10.0 and 11.0. There should be a two hexes No Man's Land between the Defender and the Attacker setup areas.

10.0 should read:
The Defender then sets up his units anywhere within the playing area and at least two hexes away from the set-up area for the Attacker."

11.0 should read:
"The Main or Secondary Victory Hexes must be inside the Defender’s set-up area. Half hexes do count."

Does that makes more sense?

mats77

Have a look at 14.0 and you will see there is a wording problem in both 10.0 and 11.0. There should be a two hexes No Man's Land between the Defender and the Attacker setup areas.

10.0 should read:
The Defender then sets up his units anywhere within the playing area and at least two hexes away from the set-up area for the Attacker."

11.0 should read:
"The Main or Secondary Victory Hexes must be inside the Defender’s set-up area. Half hexes do count."

Does that makes more sense?

Your rephrasings make much more sense!

I kind of guessed the meaning in the 2.1 pdf, but your clarifications made it all very clear.

Thanks a lot!