Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Battle of Nanking

Battle of Nanking 2017-12-28

panzerpit

Change the name of *.cos file in the /Scenarios/-Core Scenarios directory to ASCII letters, because currently it's not possible to unpack an archive.

Change the name of *.cos file in the /Scenarios/-Core Scenarios directory to ASCII letters, because currently it's not possible to unpack an archive.
I used a Windows 10 APP (9zip) to unpack the file. However, the Command Ops LnL version does not recognize the chinese lettering in the scenario file system. I changed the chinese lettering that shows up in the file system to "Nanking.cos" and was able to find the scenario with the CmdOps.exe New Game menu.

However, you need Version CmdOps.exe 5.1.31 to run the game, and that has not been released via LnL.

共工熙雲 updated Battle of Nanking with a new update entry:

TAT

Read the rest of this update entry...

XiYun,

I opened your scenario file, and fear you may create some confusion with the file naming conventions.

The BFTBEstab_Images file is a standard for the core game.

If you made alterations to that file and an unwary user unpacks it into the Estabs directory for the game, it changes the nature of the core file, leading to confusion in resolving problems they may encounter in the future.

In developing a scenario, you can use the images and information from BFTBEstab as a foundation, but when compiling the Estab, the XML and Estab.coe file should carry a new name to assure that any issues can be traced to the file which potentially caused the problem.

I'm sure as a skilled computer technician, you understand the critical nature of maintaining a standard to which the original developers can return for diagnosing issues versus trying to resolve issues from files that are duplicative of standard file names.

Unfortunately, I can't open the resulting scenario files using the current LnL version of the game. You have developed in the Steam Beta version, and that has not been officially released.

Again, as a skilled computer technician, I'm sure you understand the differences in performance in programs created under software versions. In doing full releases of software updates and patches, the Panther team has been careful to make software backward compatible in currently supported versions. Thus, if you had created your scenario in the officially released game version (currently designated 5.1.28) it would be playable using the currently available release, and would have been updated to include any refinements being tested under the 5.1.31 Beta testing release and any refinements from its feedback before the final release.

panzerpit

I used a Windows 10 APP (9zip) to unpack the file. However, the Command Ops LnL version does not recognize the chinese lettering in the scenario file system. I changed the chinese lettering that shows up in the file system to "Nanking.cos" and was able to find the scenario with the CmdOps.exe New Game menu.

However, you need Version CmdOps.exe 5.1.31 to run the game, and that has not been released via LnL.

Thanks fot two valuable informattions. However I think that using national characters in filenames is generally speaking a bad idea. I use Total Commander which supports multiple archive formats, but unfortunately it breaks on this aforementioned file.

共工熙雲

Website
user.qzone.qq.com
XiYun,

I opened your scenario file, and fear you may create some confusion with the file naming conventions.

The BFTBEstab_Images file is a standard for the core game.

If you made alterations to that file and an unwary user unpacks it into the Estabs directory for the game, it changes the nature of the core file, leading to confusion in resolving problems they may encounter in the future.

In developing a scenario, you can use the images and information from BFTBEstab as a foundation, but when compiling the Estab, the XML and Estab.coe file should carry a new name to assure that any issues can be traced to the file which potentially caused the problem.

I'm sure as a skilled computer technician, you understand the critical nature of maintaining a standard to which the original developers can return for diagnosing issues versus trying to resolve issues from files that are duplicative of standard file names.

Unfortunately, I can't open the resulting scenario files using the current LnL version of the game. You have developed in the Steam Beta version, and that has not been officially released.

Again, as a skilled computer technician, I'm sure you understand the differences in performance in programs created under software versions. In doing full releases of software updates and patches, the Panther team has been careful to make software backward compatible in currently supported versions. Thus, if you had created your scenario in the officially released game version (currently designated 5.1.28) it would be playable using the currently available release, and would have been updated to include any refinements being tested under the 5.1.31 Beta testing release and any refinements from its feedback before the final release.
I wonder if there is any way to: export the "XML" file from "COE",
I had a serious problem in the final stage of the script editing.
Sorry for the inconvenience that you can not open the script,
I originally thought that only non-steam users can normally update to 5.1.31.

I wonder if there is any way to: export the "XML" file from "COE",
I had a serious problem in the final stage of the script editing.
Sorry for the inconvenience that you can not open the script,
I originally thought that only non-steam users can normally update to 5.1.31.
I don't think you can deconstruct a compiled (.COE) file into the data file from which it was constructed (.XML).

If you are having difficulty using the BFTBEstab.xml data to build the foundation for your NankingEstab.xml, look into exporting the BFTBEstab data into a one of the specified exoport formats and then importing that same format into a BattleOfNankingEstabs.xml (or whatever name you choose to assign to it to differentiate it from BFTBEstabs) as the foundation for the new file.

The next step is to add each new item you want to document in the newly-named file.

I found the more difficult aspect of using core game images to create a new Estab_Images file is identifying and aligning the new numerical image with the appropriate new data input in the XML creation script. Using the BFTBEstab export and the copies of the already documented BFTBEstab_Images (the individual .jpg files) as a start for any new XML file and image file (in this case the BttleOfNankingEstabs.xml and BttleOfNankingEstabs_Images) maintains the original standard image numbering and XML data in the new file.

Then new images you may include should be numbered in a sequence that distinguishes each new image from the sequence maintained from the original data file (BFTBEstabs_Images) and assigned to your new equipment or unit structures data in the new XML