Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Boosting Morale

DerGrenadier

I like to ask something. When I have troops of low quality i.e. low morale, training, experience they will break easily in the face of stiff resistance. But when I put some crack troops in their proximity will this boost the low quality tropps? Can I order them to e.g. attack which I know wouldnt succed if they were on their own?

MarkShot

I recall a long time ago there was something said about nearby units panicking having a ripple affect. But I haven't heard anything about morale boost. However, I believe leadership does have an impact. Best to put poor troops in defensive roles with time to dig-in, or let them garrison rear objectives when on the attack.

john connor

I seem to recall that giving rest orders was the quickest way to boost morale. Each HQ does have a command radius, I believe, but I too would like to know if being 'out of command' impedes morale recovery, ditto your question, DerGrenadier - does having troops in non-isolated positions, side by side with units from the same organic structure help?

MarkShot

I know being under organic command reduces delays versus attachments.

There is much I don't know after many years at this.

But it's like a car. You can drive from NYC to DC without understand the firmware of your engine or transmission. In fact, most of the war games I have are such.

After a while, you realize that yes the firmware may in fact affect things, but you are still able to accelerate, steer, and brake.

Kurt

I would also like to see a list of factors that influence morale in CO2 . We all know that morale is as critical to modern troops as it was in ancient times .