Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Bring on the Night - German path to victory?

ejwolski

Anyone have any luck in winning this scenario from the German side? That Turn 4 inject of British reinforcements (with 3 AFV) is really hard to overcome. Brits can win simply by delaying and moving around.

ejwolski

This is a hard one - limited time and limited OOB for the Germans, Leaving no good order Brits on the board means avoid melee (unresolved melee ties your forces up too long, and you don't want huge stacks in melee). Don't leave any enemy leaders alive but shake everyone else and head to the tanks. Close assault to eliminate. Back to tried and true rabbit, shoot, rally (rabbit draws fire, hunter shoots enemy to shake, leader rallies rabbit). Only melee shaken stacks to remove leaders from play. Anything I'm missing here? Night helps the Germans get closer before getting fired on,

Wiggum

There are a few scenarios you can win or basically outright secure a draw as defender simply by setting up in a certain way or delaying your opponent.

ejwolski

There are a few scenarios you can win or basically outright secure a draw as defender simply by setting up in a certain way or delaying your opponent.
For sure! It's all about the victory conditions. This one is pretty easy from the British side - as long as one good order unit survives. From the German side, it's a challenge! I came very close today - had one Brit squad and one tank left when the game ended, both of which would've been gone the next turn. It's a combination of the setup and actions taken by the Brits vs a solid strategy for the Germans. I'd call this one unbalanced as-is for those reasons. Will keep playing to see. :)

ejwolski

OK - found my path. Still based mostly on luck, but it maximizes chances of success. Was able to clear board by first shot of Turn 8. You have to be swift, hit hard, and preserve your forces. You have to have at least 3:1 in melee to minimize chance of losing troops - you can't win If you lose one squad per melee, and you don't have time to shake and take. Keep the ATR handy - you'll need it in addition to the close assaults on the Brens. Good luck!

Thommygunner

Also, remember the Brits only need to be shaken. Don't waste fp shooting at shaken units that can't rally or waste time and resources mopping up shaken units.

I have played twice as the Germans losing and winning one each. You are correct, you need luck on your side close assaulting those carriers.

ejwolski

Also, remember the Brits only need to be shaken. Don't waste fp shooting at shaken units that can't rally or waste time and resources mopping up shaken units.

I have played twice as the Germans losing and winning one each. You are correct, you need luck on your side close assaulting those carriers.
Spot on! I left the shaken units to drift - just mde sure to eliminate their leader