Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Build 5.0.12

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
A new build 5.0.12 is underway. Hope to get it off to LNL by the end of the day and you should get it next week.

Build 5.0.12 Changes/Fixes:
  • Ensure FS dialog updates dynamically
  • Ensure FS Dialog handles cases where no arty unit selected
  • Ensure OB Dialog uses CString for force name fields.
  • Ensure Game Control Dialog uses actual name text when determining size of control. this prevents the dialog from being resized too big.
  • Ensure Task Edit Dialog handles cases where no task selected. It now disables all controls to prevent crash on user selection.
  • Added End Game Info to Autotest log (Debug version)
  • Fixed bug in PGContainerControl with control iterator.
  • Ensure PGDialogHost responds to OnMouseLeave messages. this fixed issue of controls remaining highlighted after moving mouse off them.
  • Ensure that the PodDatabase operator= function does not try and copy an object iterator if the iterator is null.
  • Massive overhaul of ScenFireEvent focussing on APer fire. Complete revision of all mods contributing to hit probability. Added ROFMod and speed mod. Removed TacDefRating and DuckForCoverMod and RoundsOnTarget. Turned off GlobalAccuracyMod.Changed BenchmarkDensity from Vee formation to road column. Heaps of other tweaks.
  • Changed GetUnitEffectiveness() to take in min and max values, making it more flexible to use throughout AI code.
  • Ensure DetermineAndSetMissionTaskFormationDetails() handles cases where the copy from task is abandoned.
  • Ensure on guard units are still constrained by the hub, even if it has stopped for some reason and ev en if allowStragglers option is checked. This prevents mortars etc from moving ahead of the formation hub.
  • Ensure that DetermineStartAtDuration() uses the minStartAtDuration if no task subject.
  • Fix bug in GetEstabToUSeInENemyIntel() that was assigning default inf estabs.
  • Overhaul of IsTooHotToStayPut() used in retreat code. Added code to make it more likely that a unit under bombardment will stay put, especially if it is already dug in or better or in urban terrain.
  • Ensure font set for GameWindow

Last edited:

*budd*

the standards you have for your product is why i don't mind throwing my money your way. Appreciate your work. Hope while your hammering on the engine some one else is doing some more data packs so i can buy some more.

kipanderson

Hi,

Yes... incredibly impressive and looking forward to paying a lot a CO2 in future.

All the best,

Kip.

Rob

A new build 5.0.12 is underway. Hope to get it off to LNL by the end of the day and you should get it next week.

Build 5.0.12 Changes/Fixes:

• Massive overhaul of ScenFireEvent focussing on APer fire. Complete revision of all mods contributing to hit probability. Added ROFMod and speed mod. Removed TacDefRating and DuckForCoverMod and RoundsOnTarget. Turned off GlobalAccuracyMod.Changed BenchmarkDensity from Vee formation to road column. Heaps of other tweaks.
Hi,
Just curious..... the removals/turned off mods in the above bullet sound pretty cool. Will they (or something like them) be back in some future iteration?

Great work on the changes and fixes by the way........ U DA MAN!!!!!! :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Rob.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi,
Just curious..... the removals/turned off mods in the above bullet sound pretty cool. Will they (or something like them) be back in some future iteration?
Rob.
Who knows but there was a lot of double dipping going on. By that I mean where one factor was being used to modify another factor and then used in its own right to modify the hitProb directly. The end result being that things like target deployment status were having a disproportionate effect. Besides it was making it overly complicated and hard to track effects. In general, if I am going to have one factor influence another then I don't have that factor affecting the outcome in its own direct modifier.

Wiggum

Sounds good, thanks for your work Dave, the Command Ops engine deserves to be the best operational wargame of all time.
In another thread you talked about "getting the casualties down to historical correct levels".
Does that mean we will so more realistic casualties with Build 5.0.12 ?

What about artillery attached to another unit, will they finally stop moving around despite being in range
anyway ?
Example: I attach a artillery unit to a Inf Bn and give the Inf Bn a attack order. Currently the Inf Bn will most likely drag the artillery forward although its perfectly in range and can basically cover the whole map.

And what about the AI ?
I remember there were some complaints about the AI not able to mount a serious attack or local counterattacks (it just sends single Coy's forward without any plan).
Is there a improvement in 5.0.12 ?

Last edited:

JArraya

Here's hoping that this build deals with the seemingly random crashes! I can't seem to play more than 4 minutes (even less that in between auto-saves) before I get a CTD of some sort. It's getting a bit frustrating now.

Daz

I think you will find the crashes are the bombard order bug JArraya.
Or at least they are on my system.

So long as I avoid selecting the empty map after giving a bombard order the game runs fine.
Its actually quite hard to remember not to do this mind and I have had quite a few rude exchanges with the game when I have forgotten :sour:

Here's hoping that this build deals with the seemingly random crashes! I can't seem to play more than 4 minutes (even less that in between auto-saves) before I get a CTD of some sort. It's getting a bit frustrating now.

What version you on JArraya?

5.0.11 has been very stable in the main on my system. Definitely not getting CDT's every 4 or so minutes

JArraya

What version you on JArraya?

5.0.11 has been very stable in the main on my system. Definitely not getting CDT's every 4 or so minutes

Unfortunately it's on 5.0.11. I went back and tested to see if it is mainly CTD after bombard issue (as Daz suggested above). Seems most of the time it is caused by this problem, but not all the time. I also get some crashes when making large selections, like 7+ units and the range rings are on. Haven't tested it fully though. I'm looking forward to 5.0.12.

Unfortunately it's on 5.0.11. I went back and tested to see if it is mainly CTD after bombard issue (as Daz suggested above). Seems most of the time it is caused by this problem, but not all the time. I also get some crashes when making large selections, like 7+ units and the range rings are on. Haven't tested it fully though. I'm looking forward to 5.0.12.

What spec is your PC?

JArraya

I'm running a Mac on Bootcamp:
Intel Core i5 2.9GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, 5400rpm, NVIDIA GEForce GT 750M. Windows 7 Professional 64bit

I'm running a Mac on Bootcamp:
Intel Core i5 2.9GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, 5400rpm, NVIDIA GEForce GT 750M. Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Can't comment on the "bootcamp on mac bit". But it is not dissimilar to my setup power and memory wise.

Have you uploaded a save of one of these crashed for Dave?

JArraya

Can't comment on the "bootcamp on mac bit". But it is not dissimilar to my setup power and memory wise.

Have you uploaded a save of one of these crashed for Dave?
The Mac shouldn't be an issue. It runs exactly like a Windows machine.
I can't seem to replicate some of the errors. I get the crash, reload from the last point, do the same thing and no crash.
I'm just going to wait until 5.0.12. I'm also hoping that the "one super tank contests the objective with 500 men" issue gets resolved.